17822Why is there no "item" link relation registered at IANA?

  • Jakob Strauch
    Oct 2, 2011
      I just wondered why there is no "item" relation (ore something similar) registered at [1] with the semantics of "this is an item of this collection resource". There is one e.g. for the first item (start). I´ve seen some examples around the web - recently [2] - using a proprietary "item" relation.

      I would like to register this relation, but i could not see any link to the registration form/procedure. Furthermore, i don´t know if a registration would be accepted without "item" being a part of some RFC (like all the other relation types in the registry...)

      The use case for this is: you could return a collection of links instead of embedded resources for a "collection resource".

      [1] http://www.iana.org/assignments/link-relations/link-relations.xml
      [2] http://stateless.co/hal_specification.html#examples
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic