17598Re: [rest-discuss] Clients & Expiration based caching

  • Subbu Allamaraju
    Jul 7, 2011
      On Jul 6, 2011, at 9:37 AM, Peter Williams wrote:

      > On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@...> wrote:
      >> Not to my knowledge. Links in representations (non HTML cases) are still rare in the wild.
      >
      > In my world they are very common. I see them in RDF, JSON and XML all the time.

      Quite possible. There is a quite a bit of gap in what hypertext driven apps expect and what off-the-shelf proxies/caches can do today.

      In one of my previous projects we did build a rewriting forward proxy to forward requests over TLS to origin servers, but the use case is not related to caching. But it can certainly be done with custom-built proxies or using proxy-specific plugin APIs.

      Subbu
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic