      From: rest-discuss@yahoogroups.com [rest-discuss@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of bryan_w_taylor [bryan_w_taylor@...]
      Sent: Friday, July 01, 2011 2:10 AM
      To: rest-discuss@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [rest-discuss] Clients & Expiration based caching

      In RESTful web services cookbook recipe 9.3, Subbu recommends against having clients endpoints implement caching based on expiration headers. Instead he recommends using a forward proxy. His reasoning appears to be that correct implementation of caching is non-trivial and that getting reuse of a client-side proxy is easier, safer, and less risky.

      I'm wondering if others agree with his views. Are there any client side libraries that handle the trickiness for you? Is "it's hard to get right" a good enough reason.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic