1185Re: [rest-discuss] Re: GoogleAPI is Rest?

  • Paul Prescod
    May 1 3:29 PM
      Bill de hÓra wrote:

      > Are you saying the processing style depends on the underlying protocol
      > SOAP is carried over/through?

      Absolutely!

      > .... I thought SOAP was supposed to be a
      > protocol.

      Key word: "was".

      Seriously, SOAP may meet some technical definition for "protocol" but
      I'd say it is really some kind of meta-protocol or protocol framework or
      "XML vocabulary with processing expectations" or something.

      That's "SOAP in general" as opposed to "SOAP-RPC over HTTP" which is
      really a very concrete RPC protocol.

      Paul Prescod
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic