1184RE: [rest-discuss] Re: GoogleAPI is Rest?

  • Bill de hÓra
    May 1, 2002

      Maybe they're not exclusive, I'm not sure. A (network) protocol is
      interesting insofar as it's a useful abstraction (of the network).
      Having to think about SOAP and JMS, or SOAP and HTTP or SOAP and BEEP,
      means I can't just think my application and SOAP, I may as well think
      about App and JMS or App and HTTP or App and BEEP, and eliminate
      superfluous noise. This is like C programming; machine power is traded
      for programmer dissonance. Bad trade. I expect that programmers will
      just think about the SOAP abstraction, bedamned the supporting protocol.

      Bill de hOra
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic