1182Re: [rest-discuss] Re: GoogleAPI is Rest?

  • Mark Baker
    May 1, 2002
      I'm not Lucas. 8-)

      On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 10:22:32PM +0100, Bill de hÓra wrote:
      > Are you saying the processing style depends on the underlying protocol
      > SOAP is carried over/through? I thought SOAP was supposed to be a
      > protocol.

      Those two things aren't inconsistent. WebDAV is both a protocol and
      an HTTP extension. SOAP can be used in the same way. Indeed, this is
      the only practical way in which SOAP can be used in a REST friendly
      manner (the other way being to recast REST semantics on top of SOAP -
      a horrible, horrible idea).

      MB
      Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA. mbaker@...
      http://www.markbaker.ca http://www.planetfred.com