1161Re: [rest-discuss] Re: GoogleAPI is Rest?

  • Lucas Gonze
    May 1, 2002
      On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Asynch Messaging wrote:
      > > And to provide sufficient metadata, in the form of WSDL, so that a large
      > > number of developers can be instantly up and running.
      > Don't know how to do that in pure HTTP - that's a missing piece. Not enough
      > to through out the baby with the bathwater though.

      There are a bunch of missing pieces. WSDL for HTTP resources needs to
      happen. Work on event models needs to get finished. Maybe store and
      forward (the email workalike we discussed here a few months ago) needs to
      happen.

      SOAP-RPC already offers solutions to all of the above. They're not as
      good as HTTP solutions could be but at least they're out there. Until the
      REST stack gets filled out to the same degree as the XML RPC stack, we are
      in ivory tower land.

      - Lucas
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic