10158Re: [rest-discuss] Re: Introductory REST Article

  • Bob Haugen
    Jan 2, 2008
      On Jan 2, 2008 9:02 AM, Ebenezer Ikonne <amaeze@...> wrote:
      > Ah, so 'submit order' is pretty much the creation of an order. I
      > actually thought 'submit order" had a different meaning which is why I
      > made my comment.

      I had the same question. My usual interpretation is that creating an
      order is different from submitting an order.

      An order is an offer to buy. It usually goes through a business
      protocol called Offer-Acceptance (Google for it).

      Submit order usually means submit the offer to the seller to see if it
      is accepted or not.

      So for example you might create an order and save it as a resource
      without submitting it for acceptance. Maybe even change it before
      submitting it, since changing it after acceptance means another
      offer-acceptance protocol for the changes.

      But Stefan's case appears to be a design for the seller's internal
      system, where creating an order may mean it already has been submitted
      by the customer and accepted by the seller.

      Or maybe I'm wrong...
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic