Deeper dive into stats

  • culbertron
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2013

      Been working on a presentation. Decided to do a little research and compare to data provided by NYPD comprehensive study (2012 ed). Turns out that school buildings account for 8% of total buildings in the U.S., but schools are attacked 24% of the time by active shooters AND suffer 41% of the deaths!

      Conclusion is that schools aren't the only targets, they just happen to be the most attractive.

      Be happy to share my data if anyone is interested.

      Regards,

      Bill Culbertson

    • greg.crane

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2013
          We would also love to see them!  lharris@...

          Libby

          Libby Harris
          VeMMA Star Platinum
          Www.libbyd.vemma.com
          913-481-7599

          "Success is not final.  Failure is not fatal.  It is the courage to keep going that matters." - Winston Churchill

          On Oct 3, 2013, at 9:29 AM, <greg.crane@...> wrote:

          Hey Bill, thanks for the primer. Would like to see the data. If you can send it to my email: gcrane@... , I will load it in the FILES section here. Thanks, Greg.

          ---In responseoptions@yahoogroups.com, <responseoptions@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Been working on a presentation. Decided to do a little research and compare to data provided by NYPD comprehensive study (2012 ed). Turns out that school buildings account for 8% of total buildings in the U.S., but schools are attacked 24% of the time by active shooters AND suffer 41% of the deaths!

          Conclusion is that schools aren't the only targets, they just happen to be the most attractive.

          Be happy to share my data if anyone is interested.

          Regards,

          Bill Culbertson

        • Heath Schlagetter
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2013

            This is great updated information…..

            Does anyone have any more recent data on how fatalities occur in the workplace.  The chart we use if from 2010.   Thanks to anyone who already has information.

            Heath L. Schlagetter

            Loss Prevention Manager

            A.L.iC.E. Instructor

            Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley

            1511 Kuntz Road, Dayton OH 45404

            (937) 479-1739 (m)

            (937) 528-6311 (o)

            h.schlagetter@...

            goodwilleastersealsmv.org

            "To empower people with disabilities and other needs to achieve independence and enhance their lives."

            ThinkSafety247

            ATTENTION! This Email may contain PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL material and its transmission is not a waiver of that privilege. It is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be notified that any use, disclosure, review, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email by error, please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

            P please consider the environment before printing this email