2592Re: QuestionsI have a couple of short

  • Greg Crane
    May 19, 2014
      In their 2013 book, Blair and Martaindale (of ALERRT) said there were 84 ASE's between 2000-2010 (the number is light in my opinion and others, it is due to the criteria they chose for an event to be declared an ASE. Of the 84 events, their research stated that police only stopped 24 of those, with 17 shooters being shot and 7 being subdued by the police. That means that about 70% of the events that made up there research was done by means other than stopped by police.

      At last count, we are getting close to 300 school districts in Ohio having ALICE Instructors, which is almost half the districts in the State.

      Greg Crane
      ALICE Training Institute
      3613 Reserve Commons
      Medina, OH 44256
      330-661-0106

      On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 5:04 PM, 'brenzi' brenzi@... [responseoptions] <responseoptions@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I have a couple of questions before I give a presentation tomorrow.  What percentage of the school districts in the state of Ohio have had ALICE training??
      How many, if any, shooters in a school district have been shot by school police or local police to end a threat??
      Thank you all for any help you can give me.

      Bob Renzi

      Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:19 AM
      Subject: Re: SRO question

      It looks like an answer to your question could be two part. At least in CT, we have SRO's, who are CT certified sworn police officers and are assigned to a school through their police agency. The SRO receives 3 weeks of SRO training as well as continued in service SRO and police training. Then there are various levels of school security officers that are employed by the school district. The security officers are sometimes armed, and if so, very often they are retired police officers. That is up the the district. Universities have their own police force of POST certified police officers, and will usually have an armed and/or unarmed security force as well.

      No virus found in this message.