      Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:19 AM
      Subject: Re: SRO question

      It looks like an answer to your question could be two part. At least in CT, we have SRO's, who are CT certified sworn police officers and are assigned to a school through their police agency. The SRO receives 3 weeks of SRO training as well as continued in service SRO and police training. Then there are various levels of school security officers that are employed by the school district. The security officers are sometimes armed, and if so, very often they are retired police officers. That is up the the district. Universities have their own police force of POST certified police officers, and will usually have an armed and/or unarmed security force as well.

      No virus found in this message.