2584SRO question

  • Bob Renzi
    May 12 11:20 AM
      I have a question to the school resource officers primarily in Ohio, but officers anywhere can also answer.

      Are there any specific state qualifications to become a resource officer within your state? and if yes, what are they?  I am an instructor in Pennsylvania and get this question about our state many times.  Pennsylvania seems to rely mostly on retired policemen to patrol school buildings.

      Also, since we don't have any qualifications stated within our state laws, can you suggest any minimum qualifications that you may think one should have to be an effection resource officer?

      Bob Renzi
      ALICE Instructor
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic