2568RE: Ohio House Bill 178

  • Ron Brooks
    Mar 22, 2014

      He is the link to HB 178 as passed by the House.  In the original bill we asked for 4 safety drills a year and five fire drills.  That was changed to read six fire drills and three safety drills. In addition to the three safety drills the schools are required, under the new bill, to perform a tabletop exercise and one of the three “safety” drills is required to be a lockdown only drill.

      So far it looks like we ended up with tow drills a year that go along with our ALICE training but I think we can make it work.  It’s still better than what we had.

      http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/bills.cfm?ID=130_HB_178

      Thanks for everyone’s help.  Now we need to start pushing the Senators.

      Ron.