Shockingly, Soni Sori has been sexually tortured with stones. Who will answer for this?- PL SIGN ONLINE PETITION

  • Kamayani
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2012

      Shockingly, Soni Sori has been sexually tortured with stones. Who will answer for this?

      By Tusha Mittal

      Soni Sori

      In custody The next SC hearing in the Soni Sori case will be held on 23 January

      Photo: Shailendra Pandey

      THERE IS a battle that is described in court papers as Soni Sori vs the State of Chhattisgarh. Sori, 35, is a schoolteacher from Jabeli, accused of supporting the banned CPI(Maoist). She denies all the charges.

      In September, she was fired upon in the jungles of Chhattisgarh. Fearing for her life, she fled to New Delhi. On 7 October, she was arrested and sent back to Chhattisgarh. When she pleaded with a Delhi magistrate to keep her in the capital, he had said, “Not all police are bad.”

      Those following Sori’s story understand why this is not her battle alone. Last month, hearing a PIL filed by Sori’s lawyers, which alleges she was tortured in police custody, the Supreme Court (SC) ordered a Kolkata hospital to conduct an independent medical exam. The report by NRS Medical College has confirmed the allegations. It describes two stones recovered from her vagina and one from her rectum. The stones were subsequently sent to the SC. Medical sources showed this correspondent images of the stones. Despite all assurances, the sources, fearing for their safety, didn’t allow TEHELKA to publish them.

      Their fear is not unwarranted. This report is a key weapon in the battle. That is why several high-profile teams visited the hospital last month. Sources say that teams from the CBI, the West Bengal CID and the Chhattisgarh Police visited Dr SK Santra, superintendent of NRS Medical College, to request unofficial copies of the report. “The West Bengal CM wants to see the report,” a CID officer told Dr Santra.

      That is why this battle is not Sori’s alone; it is not being waged in Chhattisgarh alone. What happens here will get in the way of how history books can describe India’s war against its ‘gravest internal security threat’. What happens here will get in way, perhaps, of how India can describe itself. It is now the description of stones.

      Sources told TEHELKA that the gynaecological exam of Sori reveals: “Two objects seen in the fornices, one blackish and one brownish, 2.5 x 1.5 x 1 cm.” The rectum exam found: “An irregular hard object, brownish in colour, was manually removed.” This matches the images TEHELKA has seen. Further, an MRI scan of her lower spine reveals “annular tears”, corroborating allegations that Sori was brutally beaten in custody.

      The medical report was submitted before the SC on 2 December. Subsequently, in a perplexing order, the SC allowed the Chhattisgarh government 45 days to respond – the next hearing is on 23 January – and sent Sori back into their custody. After pleas from her lawyer that she be shifted to a prison outside the state, the SC itself asked for her transfer from Bastar to Raipur Jail. There are fears about what might happen during that 385 km journey in police custody.

      Asked to explain the stones, Dantewada SP Ankit Garg insisted the allegations are fabricated. “She was in our custody for only 48 hours from 8-10 October. It is a medical miracle if someone with stones inserted in her private parts can survive so long,” he told TEHELKA.

      In a letter sent to her family from jail, a copy of which is with TEHELKA, Sori specifically accused Garg. “He has taken my all. I have been tortured in ways I can’t describe here,” she wrote. “I pray to God that nothing happens to me until I have given my testimony to the SC.” At present, Sori is in judicial custody for attacking a Congress leader, bombing a tehsil office, and couriering funds to the Maoist party. TEHELKA earlier detailed how the cases are fabricated, and how Sori is an innocent tribal caught in the crossfire. (Refer to The Inconvenient Truth of Soni Sori, 15 October). “I don’t know how this struggle will end. Sometimes the condition of my body becomes quite serious,” Sori added, “but my struggle is not mine alone.”

      Tusha Mittal is a Principal Correspondent with Tehelka.
      tusha@...

      PL SIGN THE ONLIEN PETITION FOR  SONI SURI

      https://www.change.org/petitions/save-soni-sori-and-punish-chattisgarh-police-for-her-torture

      --
      Adv Kamayani Bali Mahabal
      +919820749204

        Case for privacy http://www.frontlineonnet.com/stories/20111202282401300.htm

      Enrolment saga- http://www.frontlineonnet.com/stories/20111202282402200.htm

      False promises-http://www.frontlineonnet.com/stories/20111202282401900.htm

      PDS in peril-http://www.frontlineonnet.com/stories/20111202282401600.htm Identity concerns- http://www.frontlineonnet.com/stories/20111202282400400.htm

      UID EXCLUSION- http://www.frontlineonnet.com/stories/20111202282412200.htm

      UID Reliable ?  http://www.frontlineonnet.com/stories/20111202282402500.htm

      BiometricS .https://mail.google.com/mail/#search/settings/133a823cdda21490

      SAY NO TO UID CAMPAIGN JOIN US - https://www.facebook.com/groups/nouid/

      http://saynotoaadhaar.blogspot.com               http://aadhararticles.blogspot.com

    • Biswajit Padhi
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2012
        Just to reiterate that Chhatisgarh Police is one of the worst that i have seen anywhere in the country. This is my story & there are scores of people here in Orissa who will vouch for it.

        Epilogue: Raipur in Chhatisgarh is the most favoured destination for many people in west orissa - nearest wholesale market, airport etc. Raipur traders actually thrive because of west orissa & now of'course almost all parts of Orissa.

        THE STORY: Once i was carrying some sanitary fittings in my maruti omni & a traffic constable literally chased me & asked me stop near the Jaystamb chowk. Said it was illegal to transport goods in a passenger car & wanted to fine me. To intimidate me a Bolero complete with red beacon & siren screeched to halt behind my vehicle. I then asked them i was transporting the said good to the transport company & i was within my rights to do that. When the argument ensued, i said Ok - make two ticket - one for my omni & one for your own Bolero. I pointed out atlest five violations of Motor Vehicle act by the Bolero & i invited him to do the likewise in my Van. The fellow ran away then.

        After just crossing the chowk i again encountered another constable who gleefully ran behind my vehicle to stop it bacuse he could see the protruding goods through my glass. I must say these rogues have an eye for details when it comes to making money. With the same allegation he wanted to corner me. I said nothing doing & then he said you can meet madam - the inspector who was supervising the show in the chowk. I met her & explained that i am within my rights to carry some good in my passenger vehicle & i also let it be known that i have read MV act. She then said you can talk to the constable as she was leaving . She actually left the spot as she didn't want to argue with me ( knowing her team was wrong) & at the same time didn't want to displease the her cronies with whom they must be collecting such illegal gratifications. Then when i came back , the constable asked me " Kharcha pani" . I said you have lost your right to ask now that i have talked to your senior.

        I have encountered many such incidents & it happens regularly in Raipur & vehicles with Orissa number plates are their prey. Somebody should tell Raman Singh & Company that Chatisgarh traders survive because of west orissa people & traders yet their agents ( i'd say goons) harass the people who give them a livelihood. I have also seen how the drivers & people riding CG number vehicle misbehave traffic constables which is perhaps the reason for their venting their anger on us.

        The point that i am trying to make is the top administration doesn't have an ear to the ground & ordinary people suffer there.

        Rgds

        Biswajit

        From: kamayni@...
        Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 00:12:08 +0530
        Subject: [reprohealth_india] Shockingly, Soni Sori has been sexually tortured with stones. Who will answer for this?- PL SIGN ONLINE PETITION

[...]

        +919820749204 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            +919820749204      end_of_the_skype_highlighting