RE: [reprohealth_india] 7,50,000 institutional deliveries within 10 months- UP

  • Biswajit Padhi
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
      Dear subhash jee,

      we all know government officials are always in the look out of bribe.
      but we have to use all our might - carrot & stick - to if not stop but to control it.
      we have to fight - may be that is why we are there,
      regards
      Biswajit

      To: reprohealth_india@yahoogroups.com
      From: sutrahp@...
      Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:14:41 +0530
      Subject: Re: [reprohealth_india] 7,50,000 institutional deliveries within 10 months- UP

      When the District Primary Education Program supported by World Bank started in Himachal Pradesh, first time the teaching community got access to `cash' in the form of `money for preparation of education tools', `money for making class room presentable'. Where di all this money went - straight into the pockets of teachers. Same thing is happening in Health department, untill now the corruption in Health Department was at Directorate level or in some states, where CMOs had purchasing power, but it rarely went below this level. JSY has provided this opportunity to PHC/CHC/Sub- centre staff, so what do you epect?
      Subhash Mendhapurkar

      On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:05 PM, shakunatala joshi <shakuntala@sahayogi ndia.org> wrote:

      Dear All,
      Jananni Surakha Youjna is an example of corruption in the health system of Uttar Pradesh. In 2006 less than 2,00,000 institutional deliveries took place in Uttar Pradesh, while within 10 months records of total 7,50,000 institutional deliveries are recorded. Please see the attached media clipping.

      According to people working in the community women are not getting JSY money, while the department has distributed 10 crore Rs. for that.
      regards,
      shakuntala

      --
      Subhash Mendhapurkar
      SUTRA Jagjit nagar 173225H.P.

      Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!
    • Kaushal Bisht
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2008
        DearShakuntala
        Greatnews
        What you people are doing. Do Soomething positive.
        Meenakshi
        Lucknow
        wrote:

        > Dear All,
        > Jananni Surakha Youjna is an example of corruption
        > in the health system of
        > Uttar Pradesh. In 2006 less than 2,00,000
        > institutional deliveries took
        > place in Uttar Pradesh, while within 10 months
        > records of total 7,50,000
        > institutional deliveries are recorded. Please see
        > the attached media
        > clipping.
        >

        > According to people working in the community women
        > are not getting JSY
        > money, while the department has distributed 10 crore
        > Rs. for that.
        > regards,
        > shakuntala

      • Melissa Upreti
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2008
          Dear Shakuntala, there is no attachment. Could you please resend.
          Thanks!

          To: reprohealth_india@yahoogroups.com
          From: ksbmr@...
          Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:44:32 -0700

          wrote:

          > Dear All,
          > Jananni Surakha Youjna is an example of corruption
          > in the health system of
          > Uttar Pradesh. In 2006 less than 2,00,000
          > institutional deliveries took
          > place in Uttar Pradesh, while within 10 months
          > records of total 7,50,000
          > institutional deliveries are recorded. Please see
          > the attached media
          > clipping.
          >

          > According to people working in the community women
          > are not getting JSY
          > money, while the department has distributed 10 crore
          > Rs. for that.
          > regards,
          > shakuntala

          http://tc.deals. yahoo.com/ tc/blockbuster/ text5.com

        • Rajesh Sood
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2008
            The positive part is that all can pray.

            Despite the corruption, there is some progress (silver lining of the
            cloud) rise in institutional deliveires.

            JSY will lead to institutional deliveries, even in settings of
            inadequate facilities. (This does not necessarity transalate into
            substantial reductions in maternal morbidity/ mortality)

            Rajesh

            On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Kaushal Bisht <ksbmr@...> wrote:

            > D Shakuntala
            > Greatnews
            > What you people are doing. Do Soomething positive.
            > Meenakshi
            > Lucknow
            > --- shakunatala joshi <shakuntala@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > Dear All,
            > > Jananni Surakha Youjna is an example of corruption
            > > in the health system of
            > > Uttar Pradesh. In 2006 less than 2,00,000
            > > institutional deliveries took
            > > place in Uttar Pradesh, while within 10 months
            > > records of total 7,50,000
            > > institutional deliveries are recorded. Please see
            > > the attached media
            > > clipping.
            > >

            > > According to people working in the community women
            > > are not getting JSY
            > > money, while the department has distributed 10 crore
            > > Rs. for that.
            > > regards,
            > > shakuntala

            > Total Access, No Cost.

            The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and
            write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

            "Intelligence is like an underwear. It is important that you have it, but
            not necessary that you show it........"