Re: [reprohealth_india] Two child norm at the NPC

  • Abhijit Das
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 25 9:55 AM

      From: cosar
      Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 12:52 PM
      Subject: Re: [reprohealth_india] Two child norm at the NPC

      Hello abhijit,

      I think we should take lesson from earlier experiences. For your information there are two bills pending in Rjya Sabha namked " THE TWO CHILD NORM BILL, 2005" ( the beginning para of the bills reads as under
      If either the husband or the wife having only one living child on the date of

      commencement of this Act, voluntarily undergoes sterilization, the appropriate

      Government shall provide the couple with the following benefits, namely:—

      (1) free education including higher education to such child;

      (2) suitable employment to such child after he completes his education; and

      (3) such other benefits as may be prescribed by rules made under this Act."

      Secondly there is another bill called" Small family norm bill 2005"

      No wonder someday these bills will come in force suddenly.

      We should be careful  with the rhetorics.

      Rama Kant Rai

    • Abhijit Das
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 25 9:58 AM
        Dear Raisahab,
        Thank you for digging out these bills. We need to see whether they are private members bills or bills steered by one of the major political parties. If we know this then we can take some steps.
        You are right that we should be careful about the rhetoric and remain vigilant.
        Best,