Salon and Spa Owners: Which Monk Are You?

  • Dan Lok
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2011
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Dan Lok

      Article Title:
      Salon and Spa Owners: Which Monk Are You?

      Article Description:
      Too many salon and spa owners are carrying around a lot
      hurts, regrets, guilt, past failures and fears about the
      future. But no one is forcing you to carry these emotional
      rocks, so put that sack down!

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2011-07-05 10:00:00

      Written By: Dan Lok
      Copyright: 2011
      Contact Email: mailto:article@...

      For more free-reprint articles by Dan Lok, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/dan-lok.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/l/salon-spa-owners-mindset.shtml#get_code

      Salon and Spa Owners: Which Monk Are You?
      Copyright (c) 2011 Dan Lok
      Salon Business Expert
      http://www.SalonBusinessExpert.com/

      Someone told me this story. It made a lot of sense to me, hope it
      does for you.

      Two devoted monks find themselves bound together as companions,
      traveling by foot for a great distance.

      At one point, they'd been traveling without a break for many
      hours and they come upon a woman sitting on the edge of a river
      bank crying. The woman turns to them and explains with passion
      and feeling how she must get back across the river to her
      children, but because she is too tired and weary... she doesn't
      think she can safely cross the river again due to the strong and
      steady currents.

      She asks the monks would they please help her across the river,
      letting them know how grateful she would be.

      The two monks pause and look at one another, and immediately, the
      older monk picks up the woman and safely carries her across the
      river.

      The older monk returns and they continue their journey. Sometime
      later, the younger monk is staring at him, horrified.

      See, one of the many oaths these monks had taken, was to never
      EVER touch a woman.

      And the younger monk simply doesn't understand how the older
      monk could, in good conscience, violate this most important oath.

      However, too intimated to ask the older monk, the younger monk
      says nothing, and the two of them carry on for the remainder of
      their journey.

      One hour passes... then two ... and then a third hour.

      And all during this time, the tension is building inside the
      younger monk. He simply can NOT understand how the older monk had
      the audacity to pick up that woman and carry her across the
      river.

      Finally, after four hours, the young monk can no longer contain
      himself, and he gushes forth, "Sir, how could you have picked up
      that woman back there on the river bed?"

      To which the old monk replies, "Oh, are you still carrying her
      around? I put her down four hours ago."

      Too many salon and spa owners are carrying around a lot hurts,
      regrets, guilt, past failures and fears about the future. They
      carry them around like a sack of rocks on their backs. The sad
      thing is they carry these things around voluntarily. No one is
      forcing you to carry these emotional rocks.

      Your mind could care less whether or not you are burdened with
      these issues, or... whether you put them down on the side of the
      river bed. However, how your life turns out, the amount of
      success, love and happiness you experience... is directly related
      to how big that sack is on your back, and how long you want to
      carry it around for.

      I don't know about you, but to me... it makes a lot of sense to
      put that sack down. Is it time you put your sack down?

      Dan Lok was a college dropout working as a grocery bagger in
      a local supermarket for minimum wage when he set out to make
      something of himself. A true immigrant success story - Dan came
      to North America as a teenager with little knowledge of English
      and no contacts. He became a self-made millionaire by the age
      of twenty-seven. Dan wrote about his experience of opening a
      successful salon in his book Lies Salon Owners Believe And The
      Truth That Sets Them Free. Visit Dan at:
      http://www.salonbusinessexpert.com/

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/l/salon-spa-owners-mindset.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules