17982Re: [BlackLeftUnity:8474] Why A Black Liberation Theoretician Directory?

  • Saladin
    Jul 1, 2014
      No place in the statement explaining Why a Black Liberation Theoretician Directory is there an attack on the Black middle-class. Pointing out that the Black liberation movement must be rooted in the Black working-class who must rise to fight for themselves and be the leaders, because the middle-class can't and will not free poor and working-class Black people is both a statement of necessary class base and leadership of a  sustained revolutionary struggle against capitalism where and what class base should be the emphasis of the work and politics of the Black middle-class.

      It seems like any mention of the Black middle-class having limitations or contradictions as a leading force for Black liberation, your angrily rise to defend the Black middle-class as a personal matter. Comrade Abdul is part of the BLUN advancing a position about the need for the Black liberation movement and especially a Black left to focus on developing leadership from the Black working-class.  This is consistent with the BLUN 3 core principles: 1) We are Black people  fighting for power and liberation; 2) We fight to end the system of capitalist exploitation, patriarchy, homophobia, and all forms of oppression; 3) We organize by connecting the local battlefronts rooted in a working-class perspective to build national unity of action and international solidarity with other struggling oppressed people.

      When one examines the links of the Black Liberation Theoreticians, they are focused on issues and struggles mainly impacting the Black working-class and the need for power, reforms and radical change to address the many injustices of racism, national oppression and working-class exploitation.  Those who are part of the Black middle-class are not promoting or defending aspirations or tendencies associated with the middle-class.

      It seems that your responses to the BLUN calls for Black left unity centers around what leadership role the Black middle-class is given. Part of the contradiction of capitalism is private property and upper-class control of everything.  The universities orient intellectuals and their degrees to claim control of ideas, information and education, not to see that it is a human right for all regardless of social status.

      This is an important reason for the Black Liberation Theoretician, as it helps to promote that ideas and theory is not the private property of the middle-class, or that makes one part of the middle-class.

      The BLUN does not agree that the struggle for Black left unity should take the form of contentious polemics and personal attacks. Frank struggle is needed, but it should be connected to practice and concretes, not simply arguments of the past or personal dislikes.

      The BLUN has developed a Draft Manifesto on Black Liberation to engage Black activists in discussing, debating and refining a strategic unity program that rebuilds the Black liberation movement.  We are forming regional organizing committees to help ground this discussion in local areas, to bring forces together to assess local and national campaigns, to identify points of unity in coordinated actions and to build for a National Assembly for Black Liberation to be held in the Spring of 2015.

      Join a regional organizing committee and build a local committee in your city to engage in the work of building for a National Assembly for Black Liberation.

      Contact Saladin Muhammad at saladin62@... if you want to connect to a convener in your region.