A new renhai: Trapped in Leoneliness

  • John Daleiden
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2012
      A new renhai; comments welcome!!

      Rita Odeh, Israel and John Daleiden, US

      Trapped in Loneliness

      the sudden silence
      of the caged love bird...
      cloudy sky   /ro

      a kite trapped in an oak tree--   /jd
      the free sparrow's song lingers  /ro

      at the bistro
      she sips wine alone...waiting...
      laughter all around    /jd

      Theme: Trapped / Entrapment; a secondary and parallel theme of loneliness is associated with the trapped theme.
      Kigo: Kite--Spring--Observances:  The Haiku Handbook. William J. Higginson with Penny Harter, p. 269.

      Links 1 / 2:  caged bird / trapped kite;  caged bird / free sparrow (b)
      Links 2 / 3:  kite, bird are alone / the woman is alone
      Links 3 / 1:  laughter  /  silence  (opposite emotions)
    • Vaughn Seward
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2012
        John,

        This has been added to our Renhai Showcase here:

        http://cflat7.drivehq.com/Renhai_0305.htm

        Thanks,
        Vaughn

        --- In renhai@yahoogroups.com, John Daleiden <daleidenj@...> wrote:

        > A new renhai; comments welcome!!
        >
        > Rita Odeh, Israel and John Daleiden, US
        >
        > Trapped in Loneliness
        >
        > the sudden silence
        > of the caged love bird...
        > cloudy sky   /ro
        >
        > a kite trapped in an oak tree--   /jd
        > the free sparrow's song lingers  /ro
        >
        > at the bistro
        > she sips wine alone...waiting...
        > laughter all around    /jd
        >
        > Theme: Trapped / Entrapment; a secondary and parallel theme of loneliness is associated with the trapped theme.
        > Kigo: Kite--Spring--Observances:  The Haiku Handbook. William J. Higginson with Penny Harter, p. 269.
        >
        > Links 1 / 2:  caged bird / trapped kite;  caged bird / free sparrow (b)
        > Links 2 / 3:  kite, bird are alone / the woman is alone
        > Links 3 / 1:  laughter  /  silence  (opposite emotions)

      • gillena2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2012
          A lovely renhai; enjoyed

          much love