Renhai #296, Left Behind, John & Vaughn

  • Vaughn Seward
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2011
      Left Behind
      A Renhai by John Daleiden (jd) & Vaughn Seward (vs)

      bits of black paint
      on the rear left fender —
      "sorry" note... /vs

      lingering afternoon heat — /jd
      ants on a Popsicle stick /vs

      melted chocolate —
      footprints leading to the door
      cross a white carpet /jd

      Click here for notes and linking details:
      http://cflat7.drivehq.com/Renhai_0296.htm
    • Zhanna Rader
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2011
        It is a real good renhai. :) It is original and fun to read.

        Zhanna,
        a surprised winner
        of an International
        haiku contest in Russian

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 10, 2011
          Zhanna,

          Congrats on winning the Russian contest!

          Vauhn

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 10, 2011
            Thank you, Vaughn. In fact, there were three categories in the contest:
            traditional haiku, modern haiku and senryu. I won in the senryu category. I
            wanted to go to Moscow to the award presentation, but there was not enough
            time to get a visa. (And we go to Ukraine, up to 30 days, without any visa.)
            I was not supposed to tell about my winning any place publicly until after
            the presentation day, the 10th of December. However, I made a little
            exception for your forum, since I was responding to a posted renhai here
            (which I thought was very clever and entertaining.. :)
            I have not forgotten about our renhai. I have just been busy and traveling
            in all directions. :) I plan to get to it as soon as I have some spare time.

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 10, 2011
              Zhanna,

              That would have been very cool to be in Russia for the presentation! I am very happy for you! After the official presentation, please post your winning entry her for us to enjoy.

              p.s. I was about to email you about our unfinished Renhai... :-)

              Cheers,
              Vaughn