Re: The Future is Now "Indoor Passive Solar Window Box Heaters"

  • AllSun Solar Products
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2012
      Hi

      Yes the unit sits on the inside window sill.

      Only takes up half the window.
      I found mini solar fans which are mounted on the inside and sit on top of each stacked row.
      When the sun is out - the fans come on. Drawing the cool air up and through - over the cans and out the top.

      The box is self contained, caulked, aluminum metal painted flat black thoughout the inside.

      I know some say - the sun coming through the window will give you the same affect. I am not a mathmatician nor do i fully understand the solar - window heat loss ratio etc. I do know the box heaters I am using warm the room. So, I will keep tinkering and improving my home box heaters.

      Thanks

      Dave
      allsunsolarproducts.com

      --- In renewable-energy@yahoogroups.com, "Cybercat" <paolo_sassetti@...> wrote:

      > Hi,Dave,
      >
      > I have self-built an outdoor solar collector (using aluminium cans) a few months ago, so I was intrigued by your solution.
      >
      > I am not sure if I have understood how your solution work.
      >
      > You place your collector inside a window, correct?
      >
      > This means that you reduce the quantity if light which can come into the house.
      >
      > I suppose that the window must be exposed to sun, correct?
      >
      > Do I miss something?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Paolo
      >
      > --- In renewable-energy@yahoogroups.com, "AllSun Solar Products" <allsunsolarproducts@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The Future is Now "Indoor Passive Solar Window Box Heaters"
      > >
      > > These lightweight - portable solar passive heating boxes and can create and push out temperatures of 96 °F into any room. The unit is designed to pull cool air fom the bottom of the unit.
      > > The cool is pulled upward and over the heated aluminum cans - metal interior, and hot air is returned into the room by small solar fans through the top vents.
      > >
      > > The days of large - costly - huge outdoor collectors are gone.
      > >
      > > We need portable lightweight - efficient units that mount on the inside.
      > > The unit is 32" Tall - 20" Wide - 4 " Depth.
      > > It costs less than $60.00 to manufacturer each unit, and uses 4 small solar fans.
      > >
      > > These units sit flush on the inside window sill or bay window.
      > > The manufacturing process for these units is streamlined and repeatable.
      > >
      > > Any comments or suggestions?
      > > Please compare Outdoor solar collectors vs Indoor Passive Solar Window Boxes.
      > > Outdoor collectors or heater boxes are 6 feet in length. They consume an entire window.
      > > Not to mention the eyesore appearance they give any yard or home.
      > >
      > > We need alternative solar heating, this is one way to reduce your monthly heating bills!
      > > I live in the Northeast - these are the perfect winter heating units!!!!!
      > >
      > > I am using aluminum 12 oz cans painted flat black to generate the heat.
      > > I have tried many different metals, and various types of tubing etc.
      > > The aluminum cans heat up the fastest in direct and partial sun.
      > > The cans are chimney stacked for quick heat rise.
      > >
      > > I am seeking feedback on the materials and the various stacking designs.
      > >
      > > "Active solar heating uses devices such as pumps, fans and controls to move warmth around. Passive solar heating, on the other hand, collects and distributes heat without any mechanical or electrical devices."
      > > "The internal fans are Solar, its still considered a passive solar window box heating unit"
      > >
      > > * Passive solar heating systems need five components, according to the U.S. Department of Energy: a collector, absorber, thermal mass, distribution and control
      > >
      > > Dave
      > > AllSun Solar Products
      > > www.allsunsolarproducts.com
      > > allsunsolarproducts@

    • Jayantha A Samarakoon
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 7, 2012
        Is there any solution for Low cost passive cooling system ?

        Jayantha Samarakoon

        allsunsolarproducts@... <mailto:allsunsolarproducts%40yahoo.com>