13506Warren Buffett buys $1 billion of wind turbines, the biggest land-based wind power purchase ever : TreeHugger

  • Doug Kalmer
    Dec 20, 2013
      With every passing day, clean energy becomes cheaper

      Since 2009, the price of wind turbine has fallen 26%, which brings the purely financial cost of wind power within 5.5% of the cost of electricity from coal, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. But we know that the true cost of coal isn't just the monetary cost of the power plant and the fuel. There are also big environmental costs, from air pollution to screwing up with our planet's climate and soil and water contamination issues both at the coal mine and at the location where fly ash is stored after the coal has been burned (remember the TVA coal ash spill a few years ago?).
      http://www.treehugger.com/renewable-energy/warren-buffetts-buys-1-billion-wind-turbines-biggest-land-based-wind-power-purchase-ever.html