Parts Needed for '84 2.2 Non-turbo

  • toaph
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
      I'm in need of a couple parts for my 84 2.2 non-turbo. My mechanic, formerly trustworthy, has been a little accident prone of late. He somehow managed to break both of my wiper arms, but more critically he snapped a bold on the exhaust manifold. I don't even have a name for this bolt, although he referred to it as a "banjo bolt." It has a metal tube coming into it, and might be part of the EGR system.

      I'm looking for a pair of wiper arms, but I'm DESPERATE for this bolt. If there's anyone out there who can help me, please drop me a line. Thanks.

      -- Toaph
    • toaph
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
        I uploaded a pic of the bolt in question. It's in the album labeled "Clumsy Mechanic".
      • Ken Anderson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
          Toaph
          Part number 77 00 617 094 on our 2 litre Fuego GTX's in Australia, It
          shouild be the same on the 2.2 I would think. It screws into part number 77
          00 701 577 which in turn screws into the manifold, with washers number 77 03
          062 022 on either side of the Banjo - reason it breaks is that the outer
          bolt is hollow and has a drilling to allow exhaust gases to enter the banjo
          and this weakens it so it breaks off at the cross drilled point.. Can be
          difficult to undo because of rusting, heat seized - usually better to heat
          and cool a few times using either a propane torch or oxy acetalyne and it
          will come off relatively easy.

          Should not be hard to machine up a replacement, but you should be able to
          source one in the US either new or second hand. If not email me direct with
          a snail mail address and I will send a secondhand one to you. Will have to
          go airmail though as surface mail from here to the US is SLOW!!

          You could try France for a new one from suppliers on the net. verify number
          from Bob Robinson re the 2.2 litre.

          Ken
          Melbourne Australia.
          >I uploaded a pic of the bolt in question. It's in the album labeled
          >"Clumsy Mechanic".

        • Mr. Chrome Bike Parts
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2009
            We have the banjo bolt & seals in stock along with most parts for the 2.2 liter both new and some parts available used. We have most of the electronic components in stock as well. Sorry, nothing for the other engines in Fuegos...just the 2.2.

            800-933-7742 M-F 8-5 central time
            641-896-2222 outside U.S.
            email: winnebagoparts@...
            web site: www.winnebagoparts.com