One moment please...

  • the_friars_son
    Message 1 of 1496 , Mar 1, 2001
      At the risk of being lumped together with all the
      pornsite and other commercial spammers, please indulge
      this bit of spam-lite -- it might very well be spam,
      certainly off-topic, but it's for a good cause. If the
      founders deem it to be spam, feel free to delete it and
      that'll be the last you'll hear of it. My apologies in
      advance if this ticks anyone off.<br><br>That said, I'd
      like to mention that I've joined the Leukemia and
      Lymphoma Society's "Team in Training" and will be running
      in the Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon (26.2 miles!)
      in Anchorage Alaska this coming June. In addition to
      my running challenge, I've committed to raise $3930
      which will go towards further research, education, and
      financial assistance to those families and individuals
      battling these killer blood-related diseases. If you have
      friends or family who are, or have, battled this disease,
      I would be honored to run for them (E-me for
      info).<br><br>Your donation is desperately needed by those stricken
      with Leukemia and other blood-related diseases. Every
      week, 2100 people in the United States are diagnosed
      with Leukemia, while 1100 others die (do the math, in
      the next 5 minutes, someone will be diagnosed, 5
      minutes after that, someone else will die). Leukemia is
      the #1 disease killer of children under the age of
      15. The research IS working. 25 years ago, only 5% of
      children diagnosed with Leukemia survived. Today, the
      survival rate is 81%, and there is also a 93% rate for
      those with Hodgkin's disease. Your gracious and
      generous support can only make those percentages climb
      higher. A cure for Leukemia also can mean a cure for all
      cancers, as Leukemia research is considered to be the
      window to the treatment and cure for other cancers, as
      well as AIDS.<br><br>Visit my Run For The Cure website
      at <a href=http://www.geocities.com/runforthecure/index.html target=new>http://www.geocities.com/runforthecure/index.html</a>
      for more information. The site is still evolving, so
      please send email if you have any questions. I'm also
      planning to run a March Madness (College Basketball)
      pickem game at
      100% tax-deductible, and 150% appreciated. Some
      companies will match your donation, so be sure to check
      where you work. Perks (ad space, etc) are available for
      companies who donate above $1000 (E-me for details). Thank
      you for your attention, and we now return you to your
      regularly scheduled program.<br><br>Bill
    • Steve
      Message 1496 of 1496 , Jul 15, 2003
        Have you got a link to the rest of this (below) "you know you've
        been" joke. The original link in the post is not valid anymore.
        If anyone has the full list, I would like to read it.

        Thanks
        Steve

        original message #793
        href=http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sdweatherford/Renaissa/R