Gaffer Applewright 1929-2012

  • yeknottemaster
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2012
      My father Roger Russell AKA Gaffer Applewright of the Southern and Northern California Faires as well as Shrewsbury, passed away September 8th. I am unsure if any of his friends are on this group, but thought I would pass the information on.
      He was well known for his 'cut the Apple in half' tricks, which he combined with humor and history for his audiences. You can see an example immortalized on youtube.
    • Gary Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2012
        I pray these times be lightened among family and friends.  An interesting sounding man.

        Gary
        _______