AUDITIONS: 2011 Virginia Renaissance Faire

  • VaRF WizOne
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2011
      New Cast Auditions for the 2011 Virginia Renaissance Faire

      Saturdays, March 5 and March 12 from 10:30 until 3PM in the Theater Space of the Central Rappahannock Regional Libray, 1201 Carolina Street, Fredericksburg, VA

      The faire is created by a large cast of students, hobbyists, retirees, professionals, and volunteers each year to make Staffordshire, England come alive. It is time for you to join our cast with open call auditions. We are casting townsfolk, musicians, militia and a variety of street characters to fill our ranks.

      The auditionees should be prepared with about 90 seconds of memorized (or well-read) dialogue (poem, play soliloquy, or a joke). There is a general interview and some improvisation games so wear comfortable clothes.

      The Virginia Renaissance Faire, an educational entertainment event, runs for five weekends, May 7 through June 5, 2011 on the grounds of the Lake Anna Winery. No acting experience required and all the training is provided. There is no age limit - just the love of history and the desire to be part of something special.

      For more information visit the website: www.VaRF.org or call 703-508-5036