Re: New - Door County Renaissance Fantasy Faire Pics

  • Lord Sir Clisto
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2010
      The new Door County Renaissance Faire now has pictures up on their site in a slideshow. They have used my pictures for it. They also have a schedule of events up listing times and events. Take a look if you want to see who is there and what is going on.

      Clisto

      --- In renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com, "Lord Sir Clisto" <sirclisto1@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > My pictures from the first weekend of the New Door County Renaissance and Fantasy Faire, located near Egg Harbor in the beautiful Wisconsin Peninsula are now up. This is a two weekend faire and is set into the woods with pathways winding their way throughout and leading to an open area for jousting and other activities. This is a great area with many places to stay and other activities as well. The second weekend is July 3 & 4. To see the pictures, just go to the link on my site below and click on the Door County Faire link. Have fun...
      >
      > http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html
      >
      > Invictus Maneo
      >
      > Lord Clisto,Duke of York
      > Knight of the Holy Blade of York

    • Lord Sir Clisto
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2010
        Hello friends,

        My pictures from the last and final weekend of the New Door County Renaissance and Fantasy Faire, located near Egg Harbor, Wisconsin are
        now up. What a great time. The people came out and had a blast. The weather was fantastic and the atmosphere through the roof. All we had was compliments on this event and the bigger for next year. We did miss Sir Dominick from A Knight to Remember on the final weekend, but he had a family emergency and could not get back for the faire. Anyway, to see the pictures, just go to the link on my site below and click on the Door County Faire link, then go to the bottom and click on the box that says Week 2. Have fun...

        http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html

        Here is a bit about the faire what took place -

        What a few great weekendsÂ… The New Door County Renaissance and Fantasy Faire, here in the Wisconsin Peninsula was a great success for a first year faire. It is located just north of Carlsville between Sturgeon Bay and Egg Harbor. This is a new type of event for all the people who live and work in this area of Wisconsin, so many that came did so just to see what this was all about and loved it. All of the people we talked to about it were having a super time with family and expressed they would be back. And, some were there for the entire run. Thank YouÂ…

        First of all, I personally want to thank Sandy Stetlar the producer of the event, as well as everyone who came out to the new Door County Ren Faire over the 2 week run. It is in a super location with most of the event being within the woods of beautiful tall trees and pathways. There were a few reenactment events which were out in the open area, as well as the joust." Noble Cause" put on a great show for the joust three times a day, and they interact very well with the crowd and other performers. Sir Dominick from "A Knight to Remember" is always a very educational show and we also had him interact with our royal court. Sadly, after he left the first weekend, he had a family emergency during the week and he could not return for the second. I have not heard anything yet, but I hope all is well with him and family.

        The first weekend, there was a great turnout of people with even more on Sunday then Saturday. Sunday had standing room at all the shows which were going on at different stages and especially the joust, as many people polled and talked to got the word from others who attended the day before. We were very surprised ourselves at the crowds that showed up at that time. A pictures worth a thousand words. I took pictures of the people at several of the events each day of the faire, as well as the parking lot of cars, which I always do just to show everyone and have them posted.

        The second weekend was good again on Saturday, but somewhat slower on Sunday, July 4th because of the holiday weekend, coupled with a few other big events which were taking place in the area. People also came early, then left earlier in the afternoon to go cook out and get spots for fireworks that evening elsewhere. It was understandable for those reasons, especially due to the holiday. But, next year the 4th will not be on the weekend which should make it a lot better. Still, there was a good amount of people off and on throughout the day until then.

        For those who couldn't make it, food included: turkey legs, bangers n mash, joust burgers, Cheese burgers, pulled pork, pig in a blanket, beef jerkey, cheese curds, pickles, door county cherry pie and cheesecake. It was all GOOD!!! Drynks included: Door County cherry and apple cider, cherry spritzer, coke, mountain dew, sprite, diet pepsi, fresh squeezed lemonade & bottled water. All of these drynks were only $1.00 each. The one pub they had served a small variety of drynks: Fat Tire ale, 1554 Belgian ale, Bud Light, Mikes hard lemonade, Mikes Crantini, Smirnoff and Seagarms wine coolers.

        Performers included: Three Pints Gone, A Knight to Remember, Noble Cause Jousting, the Trouping Faeries, Chivalry and Steel, Third Avenue Playhouse Players, Wildlife of Wisconsin Raptors, Molotov the Comedic Gypsy, Kaheena Belly Dancers, Dragon Scales and Faerie Tales, Lord Marrocks Oriental Odyssey's, Gryphon Poursulvant and, the Royal Court - Have Court will Travel, showing renaissance dance, a weapons talk show, royal fashion show and children's knighting and lady in waiting ceremony.

        Couple all this with just over 20 vendors for the first year and there happen to be a lot to see or going on if one would want to partake. Parking is free with lots of it, kids 5 and under are free, There shall be no tariff charged to currently active or retired military personnel with proper identification. Tariff will be reduced at the gate by $1 for each person bringing a canned good or other non-perishable food item to be donated to the local food pantries. Tariff may be further reduced at the gate by $1 for each person attired in period or fantasy garb appropriate for this family friendly event.. As with any faire that is new, it will grow, so next year we are looking forward to more of everything. HUZZAH!!!