Anyone care to recommend a faire?

  • Charles (Arnold) Mallett
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2009
      I am looking for more events, especially Ren Faires and medieval
      recreation/re-enactment events where I might have a good chance of
      selling my wood work. I make sewing needle cases, sock needle cases,
      medicinal cases, wands, cudgels, belaying pins and a many other items,
      all of which I make by hand.

      If you have a recommendation, please try to include contact information.

      Oh yes, I live in Pennsylvania, directly across the river from
      Trenton, NJ and try to limit my travel time to ten hours of less.

      Thank you.

      Charles
    • Isabelle Fawkes
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2009
        Check out these sites for some faires and festivals near you.

        http://www.renfaire.com/Sites/index.html

        http://www.renaissancemagazine.com/fairelist.html

        Hope this helps,
        Isa

        On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Charles (Arnold) Mallett
        <eostrebunniturnswood@...> wrote:
        > I am looking for more events, especially Ren Faires and medieval
        > recreation/re-enactment events where I might have a good chance of
        > selling my wood work. I make sewing needle cases, sock needle cases,
        > medicinal cases, wands, cudgels, belaying pins and a many other items,
        > all of which I make by hand.
        >
        > If you have a recommendation, please try to include contact information.
        >
        > Oh yes, I live in Pennsylvania, directly across the river from
        > Trenton, NJ and try to limit my travel time to ten hours of less.
        >
        > Thank you.
        >
        > Charles

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2009
          You could look here for a more complete listing of faires throughout
          the country. http://www.renaissancefestival.com/ They also have a
          great forum section which details everything from the largest of
          faires to the small one weekend faires. I know they will have faires
          from the northeast in there, and I know there are plenty of faires in
          the northeast (I grew up in Mass). Give it a try, talk to some of the
          folks on there, go into the merchant list, contact some of the
          merchants (I am in there also, Black Pearl Leather & Finery).
          I have found this to be one of the most informative and inclusive
          sites on the internet. There are too many others that are out of date,
          or just not expansive enough.

          Good luck my friend,
          Jim aka Captain Jack Daniels
          Black Pearl Leather & Finery