Fortnight

  • Jamie Hieggelke
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      Good day and well met Lords and Ladies!
      A quick question, How long exactly is a Fortnight? I believe it is
      14 days hmmmmm... but my friends say it is closer to 40? Any truth to
      that?
      Also jus finished the book "Timeline". Very good book! Lot's of
      action! :)

      thank you for your time! :)
      and happy Turkeyday!
      Jamie
      Lord Malaek
    • Meghan Brunner
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
        A fortnight is two weeks. I don't know where the 40-day thing came from.
        Because "fort" is close to "forty" maybe?

        I just saw the movie version of _Timeline_ and saw in the end credits it was
        a book. Will have to find it ASAP... with as much as I loved the movie, I
        can't wait to sink my brain into the real version. :) (Plus now I'll have
        great visuals of those two stunningly gorgeous women to go with my mental
        picture... *wolfish grin*)

        Meghan
        Bryn "O'Gypsy" Muldoon, MNRF
        ***
        _From the Ashes_
        a novel of Magick and love
        set at Pendragon Renaissance Faire

        http://www.faire-folk.com

      • Selena
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
          The book is MUCH better than the movie. The movie was a bit of a
          disappointment to those of us who have read the book. I liked the
          movie, but it just doesn't do the book justice, really. There are
          some changes in the movie that make it predictable that is NOT in the
          book. But judge for yourself, I highly recommend the read, though.

          -selena

          > I just saw the movie version of _Timeline_ and saw in the end
          credits it was
          > a book. Will have to find it ASAP...
        • Michael Morrow
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2003
            --- In renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com, "Selena" <austinrengirl@y...>
            wrote:
            > The book is MUCH better than the movie.

            The book is usually better than the movie! But I say see the movie
            first then read the book and enjoy the movie for itself.