Beware Timeless Threads

  • Stacy Dunaway
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 1, 2003
      This is just a warning to all out there who have seen Timeless
      Threads on ebay as well as their website. I won a custom dress on
      ebay from them that closed on June 7th. I called at the end of July &
      was told that she was just finishing it up & I should get it in a
      couple of weeks. I still have not received the product & she does not
      respond to my e-mails. I strongly suggest not using them they are
      untrustworthy. Do not buy from them.
    • Michael Morrow
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 1, 2003
        Have you taken them to square trade yet? Nothing is worse than a
        seller who burns people! If you paid through Paypal, they also have a
        dispute center that you can take the seller too. Did you leave
        feedback? I would wait til you hear from ebaY, then after you resolve
        it if you don't get satisfaction slam them with negative feedback.
        Speaking as one who's gone down this road before.
      • Bodice Diver
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 1, 2003
          I been there also, and this is the proper way to handle it. First go threw the proper channels then if no satisfaction then warn all. In retail they have the rule of three. A happy purchaser will tell three of there friends, while a upset customer tells 10.

          Wil knot

          Michael Morrow <mempz1p@...> wrote:
          Have you taken them to square trade yet? Nothing is worse than a
          seller who burns people! If you paid through Paypal, they also have a
          dispute center that you can take the seller too. Did you leave
          feedback? I would wait til you hear from ebaY, then after you resolve
          it if you don't get satisfaction slam them with negative feedback.
          Speaking as one who's gone down this road before.

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          BODICESES, Evidence that we are ment to be happy in the past (Till Victoria Secrete came along and prove we are ment to be happy now also)

        • Stacy Dunaway
          Message 4 of 27 , Sep 1, 2003
            No I have not. This is actually the first problem I have ran into &
            did not know about square trade. I will go check it out. Thank you.

            --- In renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Morrow"
            Message 5 of 27 , Sep 1, 2003
              Granted it is a different kind of business but I breed chinchillas &
              am very proud of my reputation. I plan on checking square trade out
              but to me this is bad buisness. I would never ignore a customer. Nor
              would I lie to them. Honestly I would still never buy from her again.

              --- In renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com, Bodice Diver <Faireman1@y...>
              wrote:
              > I been there also, and this is the proper way to handle it. First
              go threw the proper channels then if no satisfaction then warn all.
              In retail they have the rule of three. A happy purchaser will tell
              three of there friends, while a upset customer tells 10.

              > Wil knot
            • Bodice Diver
              Message 6 of 27 , Sep 1, 2003
                I don't blame you there, I would not buy from a company again that treaeated me like that. Also before I buy from a Ebay seller I check there list of respopnse from there customer and I am wary of any seller who does have bad responses.

                I say that if the seller, and I have delt with Timeless Threads in the past with good service, does not make it right then you have the right to post a negative response on Ebay for them and then tell people (like this list) about it to maybe save them the same problems. Belive me no one wants to be ripped off asnd mistreated.

                I hope this seller makes it right for you or they will loose there creditability in the ren faire people.

                Will Knot

                Message 7 of 27 , Sep 1, 2003
                  Well, I filed with square trade so we shall see. I would just think
                  of the ren family being as bad as the chin family. Once you get a bad
                  rep it is over.

                  wrote:
                  > I don't blame you there, I would not buy from a company again that
                  treaeated me like that. Also before I buy from a Ebay seller I check
                  there list of respopnse from there customer and I am wary of any
                  seller who does have bad responses.

                  > I say that if the seller, and I have delt with Timeless Threads in
                  the past with good service, does not make it right then you have the
                  right to post a negative response on Ebay for them and then tell
                  people (like this list) about it to maybe save them the same
                  problems. Belive me no one wants to be ripped off asnd mistreated.

                  > I hope this seller makes it right for you or they will loose there
                  creditability in the ren faire people.

                  > Will Knot
                  >
                  > Stacy Dunaway <Catspaw@i...> wrote:
                  > Granted it is a different kind of business but I breed chinchillas
                  &
                  > am very proud of my reputation. I plan on checking square trade out
                  > but to me this is bad buisness. I would never ignore a customer.
                  Nor
                  > would I lie to them. Honestly I would still never buy from her
                  again.

                  > --- In renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com, Bodice Diver
                  <Faireman1@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > I been there also, and this is the proper way to handle it. First
                  > go threw the proper channels then if no satisfaction then warn all.
                  > In retail they have the rule of three. A happy purchaser will tell
                  > three of there friends, while a upset customer tells 10.
                  > >
                  > > Wil knot
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  Service.

                  Message 8 of 27 , Sep 2, 2003
                    Ecatly. I am sorry you had a bad time with Tomeless, like I said Fiance and me had baught a item from them and got good service....I guess they got a little complacent in the cutomer service department.

                    Message 9 of 27 , Sep 3, 2003
                      Well, at least it is nice to know they cared at one time. lol

                      wrote:
                      > Ecatly. I am sorry you had a bad time with Tomeless, like I said
                      Fiance and me had baught a item from them and got good service....I
                      guess they got a little complacent in the cutomer service department.

                      > Will Knot
                    • Genevieve of Ravenhall
                      Message 10 of 27 , Sep 3, 2003
                        Stacy,
                        Is there a phone number on the Timeless Threads site you could call? With all the computer viruses floating around at the moment, these folks could have their computer all goobered up and may be unable to access their client information and email. The problem could be as simple as that.

                        Genevieve of Ravenhall
                        Saint Julian's Quarter
                        IWG wench #2185

                        In service to...
                        The Canton of Iron Oak
                        Barony of Northwoods
                        The Middle Kingdom

                        wrote:
                        > Ecatly. I am sorry you had a bad time with Tomeless, like I said
                        Fiance and me had baught a item from them and got good service....I
                        guess they got a little complacent in the cutomer service department.

                        > Will Knot

                        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                      • lady_cyd
                        Message 11 of 27 , Sep 3, 2003
                          If you do a search on ebay for the title of Timeless Threads, you'll
                          find that she's done this several times over, tho. She starts out with
                          a brand new name on ebay, she gives good service for about three or
                          four months, and then her services go right back in the tubes, she
                          stops answering people's emails, she doesn't get things out on time,
                          she doesn't talk to them at all, she gets a slew of negative feedback,
                          and then she wipes the slate clean by getting a brand new ebay name
                          and starting all over again, with no link to her former name.

                          She is not the only one to receive bad treatment from this vendor.
                          Unfortunately, because this vendor keeps ebay name-swapping, it
                          becomes rather tedious to keep track of all the negative feedback
                          she's received over the last few years.

                          Considering her habit of doing this, you may wish to point this out to
                          the people at eBay... If they search for the name of her company,
                          instead of searching for a vendor username, they'll find she's come
                          back a couple of times already in different incarnations.

                          I have known at least three people to get bitten by this woman, and
                          none of them have had things resolved to their satisfaction. Buyer
                          beware: while she can do some very good work and some people are very
                          satisfied with her, her reliability leaves something to be desired.

                          This can all be researched using ebay's search engine. But you have to
                          know exactly what to look for.

                          Cyd

                          Message 12 of 27 , Sep 3, 2003
                            Just opened one of my old searches on her...

                            some of her previous usernames (and current ones) include:

                            faeriespirit (this one includes a few that the buyer used a positive
                            checkbox, with a negative answer)

                            timeless-threads (began this one when the negatives started piling up
                            on faeriespirit)

                            www*timelessthreads*com (didn't start using this one until August of
                            this year, because she'd already gotten too many six-month negatives
                            on the timeless-threads one)

                            Oh, and for other people's opinions:
                            http://forums.wench.org/viewtopic.php?t=113&highlight=timeless+threads

                            I'm having difficulty finding my research from the last time this
                            woman came up in conversation... I know I've got the info somewhere,
                            but it's finding it in my files that may take a while.... *smirk*

                            She has ALREADY lost credibility in the eyes of many, as you can see
                            in the aforementioned post.

                            Cyd

                            > --- In renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com, Bodice Diver <Faireman1@y...>
                            > wrote:
                            > > I don't blame you there, I would not buy from a company again that
                            > treaeated me like that. Also before I buy from a Ebay seller I check
                            > there list of respopnse from there customer and I am wary of any
                            > seller who does have bad responses.
                            > >
                            > > I say that if the seller, and I have delt with Timeless Threads in
                            > the past with good service, does not make it right then you have the
                            > right to post a negative response on Ebay for them and then tell
                            > people (like this list) about it to maybe save them the same
                            problems.
                            > Belive me no one wants to be ripped off asnd mistreated.
                            > >
                            > > I hope this seller makes it right for you or they will loose there
                            > creditability in the ren faire people.
                            > >
                            > > Will Knot
                          • vamptasia
                            Message 13 of 27 , Sep 3, 2003
                              Just out of curiosity lady_cyd How do you do a search to find out if someone has used several names on ebay. Do you check the spellings, or what.

                              One thing I noticed is most of her good feedback was for bought items not so much a seller. This is what you really need to look out for as a buying. People will go on and buy a lot of cheap items and get great feedback then throw up an item they find to be very popular and high cost on ebay sell a few like 5+ of them get there money then dissapear. Keep in mind there are prepaid credit cards out there now which anyone can get by walking into lets say a ace check cashing and without ID put a name on it and have it mailed to them with $20 or so bucks on it. Open a ebay account under the assumed name and start this stuff. It is too easy to commit ebay fraud and harder to catch since most of these people do everything electronically. *just a tip*

                              Huggles,

                              Vamptasia

                            • Lisa Wilson
                              Message 14 of 27 , Sep 3, 2003
                                This lady sounds like a real bright bulb

                                Message 15 of 27 , Sep 3, 2003
                                  There is one lady that I bought from on Ebay once and had pretty good luck
                                  with and her website is holyclothing.com

                                  They have some beautiful ren garb.

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Sep 3, 2003

                                    wrote:
                                    > Just out of curiosity lady_cyd How do you do a search to find out if
                                    someone has used several names on ebay. Do you check the spellings,
                                    or what.

                                    > One thing I noticed is most of her good feedback was for bought
                                    items not so much a seller. This is what you really need to look out
                                    for as a buying. People will go on and buy a lot of cheap items and
                                    get great feedback then throw up an item they find to be very popular
                                    and high cost on ebay sell a few like 5+ of them get there money then
                                    dissapear. Keep in mind there are prepaid credit cards out there now
                                    which anyone can get by walking into lets say a ace check cashing and
                                    without ID put a name on it and have it mailed to them with $20 or so
                                    bucks on it. Open a ebay account under the assumed name and start
                                    this stuff. It is too easy to commit ebay fraud and harder to catch
                                    since most of these people do everything electronically. *just a tip*

                                    > Huggles,
                                    >
                                    > Vamptasia

                                  • dubh_sidh1
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Sep 3, 2003
                                      I was reading over a conversation on another forum and apparently
                                      there was another company selling through eBay that did this some
                                      months ago, but the scamming started sometime last year. The name of
                                      the company was The Celtic Lion. They were reported to have scammed
                                      people out of thousands of dollars. The company was based in Texas,
                                      though, and run by two women, but their site has since been taken
                                      down and the company removed from eBay.

                                      Dubh

                                      --- In renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com, "Stacy Dunaway" <Catspaw@i...>
                                    • mcampbell@opeiudc.org
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Sep 3, 2003
                                        I would also like to recommend Odd Bodkin on ebay... she has some really
                                        nice bodices and skirts.

                                        Chelle

                                        wrote:
                                        > Just out of curiosity lady_cyd How do you do a search to find out if
                                        someone has used several names on ebay.  Do you check the spellings,
                                        or what.

                                        > One thing I noticed is most of her good feedback was for bought
                                        items not so much a seller.  This is what you really need to look out
                                        for as a buying.  People will go on and buy a lot of cheap items and
                                        get great feedback then throw up an item they find to be very popular
                                        and high cost on ebay sell a few like 5+ of them get there money then
                                        dissapear.  Keep in mind there are prepaid credit cards out there now
                                        which anyone can get by walking into lets say a ace check cashing and
                                        without ID put a name on it and have it mailed to them with $20 or so
                                        bucks on it.  Open a ebay account under the assumed name and start
                                        this stuff.  It is too easy to commit ebay fraud and harder to catch
                                        since most of these people do everything electronically.  *just a tip*

                                        > Huggles,
                                        >
                                        > Vamptasia

                                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                        <
                                        http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17052351
                                        16:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*
                                        http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?
                                        camp=556&lineid=3614674&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

                                        <
                                        http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupmai
                                        l/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=621243862>

                                        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                        click here

                                        [IMAGE]

                                      • vamptasia
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Sep 3, 2003
                                          Thanks for the info hon. I do a research of the current feedback. Never thought to cross reference.

                                          Huggles,

                                          Vamptasia

                                        • Bodice Diver
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Sep 3, 2003
                                            Thanks for the info, I am sorry she does this but I am more sorry for those she has done it to.

                                            Will Knot

                                            wrote:
                                            > I don't blame you there, I would not buy from a company again that
                                            treaeated me like that. Also before I buy from a Ebay seller I check
                                            there list of respopnse from there customer and I am wary of any
                                            seller who does have bad responses.

                                            > I say that if the seller, and I have delt with Timeless Threads in
                                            the past with good service, does not make it right then you have the
                                            right to post a negative response on Ebay for them and then tell
                                            people (like this list) about it to maybe save them the same problems.
                                            Belive me no one wants to be ripped off asnd mistreated.

                                            > I hope this seller makes it right for you or they will loose there
                                            creditability in the ren faire people.

                                            > Will Knot
                                            >
                                            > Stacy Dunaway <Catspaw@i...> wrote:
                                            > Granted it is a different kind of business but I breed chinchillas &
                                            > am very proud of my reputation. I plan on checking square trade out
                                            > but to me this is bad buisness. I would never ignore a customer. Nor
                                            > would I lie to them. Honestly I would still never buy from her
                                            again.

                                            > --- In renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com, Bodice Diver <Faireman1@y...>
                                            > wrote:
                                            > > I been there also, and this is the proper way to handle it. First
                                            > go threw the proper channels then if no satisfaction then warn all.
                                            > In retail they have the rule of three. A happy purchaser will tell
                                            > three of there friends, while a upset customer tells 10.
                                            > >
                                            > > Wil knot
                                            >

                                            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                                            > BODICESES, Evidence that we are ment to be happy in the past (Till
                                            Victoria Secrete came along and prove we are ment to be happy now
                                            also)

                                            BODICESES, Evidence that we are ment to be happy in the past (Till Victoria Secrete came along and prove we are ment to be happy now also)

                                          • Selena
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Sep 4, 2003
                                              Hiha Chelle,
                                              Ohhh, yes, I love Odd Bodkin on ebay, too. I bought last year a pair
                                              of her bloomers (flannel, VERY comfy) & recently won another pair and
                                              a short sleeve chemise. She (Devlyn) has always been very courteous
                                              and fair.

                                              > I would also like to recommend Odd Bodkin on ebay... she has some
                                              really
                                              > nice bodices and skirts.
                                            • Selena
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Sep 4, 2003
                                                And see, that's what I get for not checking the wench forum very
                                                often. Sorry, Stacy, if I had seen this, I would have sent you this
                                                before.

                                                > Oh, and for other people's opinions:
                                                > http://forums.wench.org/viewtopic.php?
                                                t=113&highlight=timeless+threads
                                              • sylvia_b66
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Sep 4, 2003
                                                  I bought a lovely chemise from 'Odd Bodkin' earlier this year.
                                                  Very well made!

                                                  Sylvia

                                                  > I would also like to recommend Odd Bodkin on ebay... she has some
                                                  really
                                                  > nice bodices and skirts.
                                                  >
                                                  > Chelle
                                                  >

                                                  > There is one lady that I bought from on Ebay once and had pretty
                                                  good luck
                                                  > with and her website is holyclothing.com
                                                  >
                                                  > They have some beautiful ren garb.

                                                • rebecca anlage
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Sep 6, 2003
                                                    'Tis some of the best advice I have seen about ebay. Many thanks, M'Lady.
                                                    >Rea
                                                    May the Shadows keep your Secrets and the Stars Light your Path.

                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Sep 8, 2003
                                                      No not that I found. I am not so worried about it I just don't want
                                                      any of my rennie family getting screwed too.

                                                      --- In renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com, Genevieve of Ravenhall
                                                      <genevieve635@y...> wrote:
                                                      > Stacy,
                                                      > Is there a phone number on the Timeless Threads site you could
                                                      call? With all the computer viruses floating around at the moment,
                                                      these folks could have their computer all goobered up and may be
                                                      unable to access their client information and email. The problem
                                                      could be as simple as that.

                                                      > Genevieve of Ravenhall
                                                      > Saint Julian's Quarter
                                                      > IWG wench #2185
                                                      >
                                                      > In service to...
                                                      > The Canton of Iron Oak
                                                      > Barony of Northwoods
                                                      > The Middle Kingdom
                                                    • Stacy Dunaway
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Sep 8, 2003
                                                        Thank you Lady Cyd now I know how to search that out. I will
                                                        certainly do so in the future & e-mail ebay.

                                                        --- In renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com, lady_cyd <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                                        > If you do a search on ebay for the title of Timeless Threads,
                                                        you'll
                                                        > find that she's done this several times over, tho. She starts out
                                                        with
                                                        > a brand new name on ebay, she gives good service for about three or
                                                        > four months, and then her services go right back in the tubes, she
                                                        > stops answering people's emails, she doesn't get things out on
                                                        time,
                                                        > she doesn't talk to them at all, she gets a slew of negative
                                                        feedback,
                                                        > and then she wipes the slate clean by getting a brand new ebay name
                                                        > and starting all over again, with no link to her former name.
                                                        >
                                                        > She is not the only one to receive bad treatment from this vendor.
                                                        > Unfortunately, because this vendor keeps ebay name-swapping, it
                                                        > becomes rather tedious to keep track of all the negative feedback
                                                        > she's received over the last few years.
                                                        >
                                                        > Considering her habit of doing this, you may wish to point this out
                                                        > the people at eBay... If they search for the name of her company,
                                                        > instead of searching for a vendor username, they'll find she's come
                                                        > back a couple of times already in different incarnations.
                                                        >
                                                        > I have known at least three people to get bitten by this woman, and
                                                        > none of them have had things resolved to their satisfaction. Buyer
                                                        > beware: while she can do some very good work and some people are
                                                        very
                                                        > satisfied with her, her reliability leaves something to be desired.
                                                        >
                                                        > This can all be researched using ebay's search engine. But you have
                                                        > know exactly what to look for.
                                                        >
                                                        > Cyd
                                                      • Stacy Dunaway
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Sep 8, 2003
                                                          That's ok beautiful. I will live again my main thing is making sure
                                                          others are not screwed.

                                                          --- In renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com, "Selena" <austinrengirl@y...>