A Message For Vulpesvulpes1

  • billyboston2002
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 1 2:54 AM
      A Message For Vulpesvulpes1
      - All others, Sorry but he has chosen to continue this here -

      I asked you to take this off board with me - even pointed out my
      email for you to respond to - but as expected you have responded here
      with more hit and run.

      Once again it your choice - you have accused me again,this time
      of "accusations" and "misconstruing" without explanations of how -
      Slam me and run behind it's "off topic" and a private "e-mail" or be
      a man and address me personally off board - or you can drop it - but
      understand it is hard for most neo-conservatives not to have
      the "last word" - I assume you are better than them.

      --- In renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com, vulpesvulpes1 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > (1) The first guy just said to support the troops. You're the one
      > who wrote a full-blown essay on your anti-war views. Even many of
      > the so-called "peace" protesters are saying that they "support" the
      > troops, whatever that may mean to them. You could have limited
      your
      > response to saying that you thought even that request for support
      was
      > off-topic, but you did not choose to limit your response to this
      > matter. For all intents and purposes, you initiated the political
      > discussion.
      > (2) Your decision to spend your time at "peace" rallies and not
      ren.
      > fairs is your concern and not that of anyone else. If you want to
      do
      > that, have fun.
      > (3) "Non-elected President," Michael Moore, etc.? Most of us are
      > done fighting Election 2000 (which, by the way, media studies
      > indicated the Pres. would have won using most counting
      procedures).
      > Also, you make a number of accusations in misconstruing my views on
      > the war and such, but since this is off-topic and most people here
      > are probably tired of politics here, I will not comment further on
      > your diatribe.

    • Bodice Diver
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 1 4:42 AM
        You were at Pa after 9/11? So was I, it helped and I know one cast member who was in the towers the week before, she said she was so scared after that. She was glad that pa faire went on because it let her escape that reality for a little while. If you go to Pa this year let me know I will like to meet you. Now like you said "Back to our normal post about refaire fun.
        Will Knot

        wyldewynn21 <wyldewynn21@...> wrote:

        One other thing i
        work for the state and i was at work in the courthouse on 9/11 and
        was sent home. That Sat i attended the PArennfaire for the first
        time, and found out that alot of those people who worked there were
        from NY and one of them just happened to have been in the towers that
        monday. Despite of what happened the show went on and in the end
        there was a nice tribute.

        "Free Celtic Downloads http://mp3.com/TheBards?Bill H."

      • Lisa Wilson
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 1 6:20 AM
          I have to agree. I come home everyday to hear people talking about the war.
          I go to work and that is all anyone talks about. I turn on the tv and that
          is well pretty much the same. I joined this group to get away from everyday
          stress and to learn more about RenFaire. If anyone here wants to discuss
          politics, please join another group. If you would like to comment on
          previous emails then email that person directly. Please don't air out your
          opinions here.

          I know We AMERICANS are suppose to have "rights" BUT not if it infringes on
          the rights of others. People have forgotten how to be courteous. I think
          that is all part of it. Now that I have said my piece. Let's all enjoy
          ourselves!

          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 1 6:35 AM
> [...]

            > initiated the political
            > > discussion.
            > > (2) Your decision to spend your time at "peace"
            > rallies and not
            > ren.
            > > fairs is your concern and not that of anyone else.
            > If you want to
            > do
            > > that, have fun.
            > > (3) "Non-elected President," Michael Moore, etc.?
            > Most of us are
            > > done fighting Election 2000 (which, by the way,
            > media studies
            > > indicated the Pres. would have won using most
            > counting
            > procedures).
            > > Also, you make a number of accusations in
            > misconstruing my views on
            > > the war and such, but since this is off-topic and
            > most people here
            > > are probably tired of politics here, I will not

            http://platinum.yahoo.com
          • Lisa Wilson
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 1 9:53 AM
              anyone know of a reasonably priced motel to stay at there?

              I plan on going the first day:) and ive talked my sister and a few
              friends into going for the first time. she cant wait since i told
              her it was audience participation:)

              --- In renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com, Bodice Diver <Faireman1@y...>

              <http://mp3.com/TheBards?Bill> H."

              16:HM/A=1513703/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_06F/g22lp?T
              arget=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupmai
              l/S=:HM/A=1513703/rand=728592617>

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            • wyldewynn21
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 1 10:14 AM

                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 1 10:24 AM
                  Try www.hotels.com i think they have decent prices

                  --- In renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Wilson <l.wilson@a...>
                  wrote:
                  > anyone know of a reasonably priced motel to stay at there?

                  TROOPS

                  Message 8 of 27 , Apr 1 10:30 AM
                    Lets do drop, so where is your home faire? Me I am Central Pennsylavania rennie.
                    Here is a question for all, How long have you been a a faire goer. I started back as a casual patyron in 1985 and in 1992 became one of the rats at Pa.
                    Will Knot
                    Genevieve of Ravenhall <genevieve635@...> wrote:
                    I am on 12 egroups, most of the renaissance fair or
                    SCA-related. About 11 of them are having this same
                    type of - ahem - discussion. It is such a thrill to
                    open 72 messages all of the same ilk. Every egroup on
                    Yahoo got the "support our troops" email I'm sure,
                    PLUS every relative I have forwarded it to me.
                    I just joined this egroup last week because I'm
                    looking forward to faire season and am looking for
                    information.
                    This is not renaissance and its NOT fun. PLEASE, just
                    drop it. You've all made your points.
                    Genevieve

                    "Free Celtic Downloads http://mp3.com/TheBards?Bill H."

                  • Meschelle Tickeater
                    Message 9 of 27 , Apr 1 11:47 AM
                      I went to my first faire (MDRF) in 1985, too. I've gone every year since, in
                      md, ca, and ok, but just started going all season (back at MDRF) last year.

                      |--------+------------------------>
                      | | Bodice Diver |
                      | | <Faireman1@yah|
                      | | oo.com> |
                      | | |
                      | | 04/01/2003 |
                      | | 01:30 PM |
                      | | Please respond|
                      | | to |
                      | | renaissancefun|
                      | | |
                      |--------+------------------------>
                      >--------------------------------------------------------|
                      | |
                      | To: renaissancefun@yahoogroups.com |
                      | cc: (bcc: Meschelle Tickeater/HQ/NGS) |
                      | Subject: [Renaissance Fun] New Subject |

                      Message 10 of 27 , Apr 1 12:19 PM
                        I have been going to TRF for 3 years now.

                        Since the only one ive been to is Mount hope i guess that my home:)
                        i started going the weekend of 9/11.

                        wrote:

                        > Lets do drop, so where is your home faire? Me I am Central
                        Pennsylavania rennie.
                        > Here is a question for all, How long have you been a a faire goer.
                        I started back as a casual patyron in 1985 and in 1992 became one of
                        the rats at Pa.
                        > Will Knot

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17052351
                        16:HM/A=1513703/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_06F/g22lp?T
                        arget=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

                        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupmai
                        l/S=:HM/A=1513703/rand=544226481>

                        Message 11 of 27 , Apr 1 12:40 PM

                          wrote:

                          > Lets do drop, so where is your home faire? Me I am Central
                          Pennsylavania rennie.
                          > Here is a question for all, How long have you been a a faire goer.
                          I started back as a casual patyron in 1985 and in 1992 became one of
                          the rats at Pa.
                          > Will Knot
                        • Genevieve of Ravenhall
                          Message 12 of 27 , Apr 1 12:54 PM
                            My home fair is Michigan Ren Fair, but my first
                            experience at ren fair was at Mt. Hope in 1988 when I
                            was on the road playing music for a living.

                            One of the fortune tellers told me I would see a
                            marriage proposal around Christmas time that year. He
                            wasn't too pleased with me when I laughed rather
                            cynically right to his face. Sure enough, he was
                            right. I'll bet the look on my face was priceless at
                            the moment it occurred to me he'd been right. And
                            I'll bet he would have appreciated the opportunity to
                            waggle his finger back in my face and tell me "told ya
                            so."

                            And no, I didn't accept the proposal.

                            --- Bodice Diver <Faireman1@...> wrote:

                            > Lets do drop, so where is your home faire? Me I am
                            > Central Pennsylavania rennie.
                            > Here is a question for all, How long have you been a
                            > a faire goer. I started back as a casual patyron in
                            > 1985 and in 1992 became one of the rats at Pa.
                            > Will Knot
                            > Genevieve of Ravenhall <genevieve635@...>
                            > wrote:
                            > I am on 12 egroups, most of the renaissance fair or
                            > SCA-related. About 11 of them are having this same
                            > type of - ahem - discussion. It is such a thrill to
                            > open 72 messages all of the same ilk. Every egroup
                            > on
                            > Yahoo got the "support our troops" email I'm sure,
                            > PLUS every relative I have forwarded it to me.
                            > I just joined this egroup last week because I'm
                            > looking forward to faire season and am looking for
                            > information.
                            > This is not renaissance and its NOT fun. PLEASE,
                            > just
                            > drop it. You've all made your points.
                            > Genevieve
                            >

                            > "Free Celtic Downloads http://mp3.com/TheBards?Bill
                            > H."

                            > removed]

                            http://platinum.yahoo.com
                          • Kath

                              Message 14 of 27 , Apr 2 2:43 PM
                                It was asked:

                                "Here is a question for all, How long have you been a a faire goer."

                                My fist Faire was I as a "Rennie" helping at a "Fruit Cart" in 1981
                                or 82. I was only in High School. After serving and then my Freshman
                                Year of Undergrad, I returned to the Faire as a "Rennie". From 1989
                                to 91 I was a working at least two Faires a season. In '91 I quit my
                                sucky job, left school and followed my dreams and hit the circuit
                                full time. I am now looking at the first season since 1989 that I
                                haven't been employed at a Faire.

                                Some of the shows that have had my services in one way or another -
                                from Gamer to Construction Crew Leader to Wizard - are King Richard's
                                (MA), WinniKinni Castle (Defunct - N.H.), Pocono Ren. Faire (Defunct -
                                PA), Garden State Ren. Faire (Defunct - N.J.), New Jersey's Ren.
                                Kingdom Somerset, PA Ren. Faire (which really used to be the best -
                                then they started paving and selling flea market Jewelry – Last I
                                visited it still is one of the better ones), Festival of the Lion
                                (MA), Maine Ren. Faire (ME), Dickens's Christmas Fest. (Defunct -
                                CT), and Shakespeare and Friends (TN).

                                The past Seasons I have tried the "playtron" thing at a show or two,
                                I find it fun, but still not near as exciting as walking on to a
                                empty site, working like crazying to build, make, organize, network
                                create, sew, craft, write, rehearse, perform this thing called a Ren.
                                Fest and then hearing the opening Canon on the first day and seeing
                                people roll in and enjoy themselves.
                              • rebecca anlage
                                Message 15 of 27 , Apr 4 10:35 AM
                                  You asked how long we've have been a fairegoer. I have been fairegoing for about 8-9 years. I started out helping friends that were merchants at Hoggetowne when I was a kid. When my parents started their jewelry business Precious Plunder, my family started going to at least 3 faires a year (more if we could do them). I am currently in Europe and suffering withdrawls because I don't know the local language. Hopefully I will be able to return to the US and visit the faires I used to. Every memory a treasure.

                                  Rea Aka Miss Onry

                                  May the shadows keep your secrets and the stars light your path.

                                • Bodice Diver
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Apr 12 6:27 PM
                                    LOL Ahh so you were a newb then...do you rember the big red popcorn carriage and the nutty rougue who resided in it? That was me. Pa is my home faire but I sort to try to get around. I am planning to go to the second annual Stockwood faire in the next two weeks. I will try to make it to the Kutzstown Ren Faire on the grounds of Kutztown Collage in Pa. I want to get to Maryland and the Pittsburg faire but unfortanetly they both run at the same time as ours and plus I am saving for a wedding in September (wich we will be at the Pa faire at Mt Hope as a MiniHoneymoon before we go on the real thing). I will let you know when I will be there and arrange for you a meeting with the crowed I hang out with when I am home at faire. Will Knot

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Apr 13 4:00 PM
                                      Lol yeah i remember:) If i ever get married again i was thinking of
                                      having it at the faire, either that or out in the woods. I do know im
                                      gonna try and be there the first day.

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Apr 13 4:39 PM
                                        I hope to be there first day also. We orgnial were going to have a faire wedding but then some complications and we decided to have one church and one faire but then due to finaicial constraints we had to go on a church wedding only since her mother can not take the heat that the faire has and can not walk to far either. Next season we plan to have a faire wedding then. Will Knot

                                        wyldewynn21 <wyldewynn21@...> wrote:Lol yeah i remember:) If i ever get married again i was thinking of