Re: Who is GOD the Father and who is Christ? - QUESTION

  • logisticmosquito
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2007
      I found that a lot of the time when I ask a question of a christian I
      get what I call their blanket of scripture. A selection of verses
      that they have chozen to answer me with. Overall I kind of think of
      the bible as an island in a sea of interpretation and is probably a
      book god prepared for his son rather then for us.
      I also think the imminent end has been drawn out by the prayers of
      those who don't want it to happen in their time. The older I get the
      more I see people wanting the end to come in their time and with it
      comes this sence of impending doom. Perhaps this is how
      interpretative quilting came about.

      --- In reluctant-messenger@yahoogroups.com, Haaike Barnard
      <haaike_barnard@...> wrote:

      > Friends
      >
      > Question: It is interesting to read the references and cross-
      references among a variety of religious meta-narratives such as the
      Bible, the Qur'an, the AGJC, and others, and the
      resultant "integration" is even more interesting. But my question is
      actually a simple one, and it touches on essential hermeneutics - Do
      these various writings allow, suggest or even imply permission to do
      this kind of interpretative quilting? This is like taking my family
      narrative and "interweaving" it with another family narrative in
      South Korea in order to construct a "meta-view" of "humankind". I
      don't see the logic or need for this kind of thing here. It seems to
      me that one can construct any theory at any time by doing this.
      After a while it becomes so vague and thin, because it is so
      stretched, that the result is not truth or authentic insight, but
      irrelevant machinations.

      > Jsut wondering...
      >
      > HB

      Christ?