GOD and the Atheist

  • Stephen Boston
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2010
      GOD and the Atheist

      GOD was bored again. It doesn't happen a lot but every now and then it
      happens. After all, GOD knew everything that had happened, everything
      that was happening and knew everything that was going to happen. And to
      make matters more boring, he had been doing this for eternity.

      At that moment an atheist wrote in his journal just as we about to go to
      sleep that he had come up with a way to prove GOD did not exist. GOD
      was familiar with this individual's particular obsession of proving that
      GOD did not exist. What the atheist didn't know was that tonight GOD
      would enter his dreams and prove he did exist.

      That night when the atheist was in dream mode, GOD entered his dream and
      made introductions by saying, "I hear you have a way to prove I don't
      exist."

      Now the atheist was able to realize he was dreaming and knew that
      obviously GOD was a projection of his own subconscious, so felt no
      paradox in addressing GOD by saying, "Actually I have proven that GOD
      does not exist, and obviously neither do you."

      GOD was impressed enough to no longer be bored and decided to see if the
      atheist was right. "Well, if you can prove I don't exist then I will
      leave. If you can't prove I don't exist, I will never leave."

      The atheist smiled for he knew he had his subconscious beat and replied,
      "I know you don't exist for I can name an activity that GOD cannot do.
      If GOD can do anything, and I can name something GOD can't do, then I
      prove GOD doesn't exist." Laughing in his dream, the atheist almost
      woke himself up laughing out loud in his bed for he was so pleased he
      had baited GOD onto proving he doesn't exist.

      GOD was patient and eager simultaneously and replied, "Please tell me
      what I cannot do and I will do it."

      Realizing that he had tricked GOD himself he said in triumph, "If GOD
      knows everything then it is impossible for GOD to forget everything."

      GOD paused and remembered he was bored. If I forgot everything,
      including I was GOD, I wouldn't be bored for a long time trying to
      remember who I am, and so made the atheist a deal. "I will prove I exist
      if you are willing to trade places with me."

      The atheist was stunned. Of all of the replies he had anticipated, he
      hadn't expected this one. "Well, since you don't exist, I can't trade
      places with you, but if you did exist, I would be happy to become the
      all powerful, the all knowing GOD." Before GOD could reply, the genius
      of the atheist made a leap of brilliance and continued with another
      requirement, "And when you wake up as me you cannot remember this
      happened or it proves you really don't exist."

      And GOD said without hesitation, "Deal."

      At the moment the atheist switched places with GOD and instantly in a
      flash knew everything that had ever happened, including every mystery,
      secret conspiracy and lost treasure in an infinite worlds. The atheist
      felt unbearable joy at knowing everything that was happening at that
      moment and was pleased to see everything would happen in the future
      exactly as he had planned it all along.

      At that exact moment the atheist, now as GOD unaware, woke himself up
      laughing. He sat up laughing and when he had finally quit hooping and
      hollering he said, "Wow, what did I just dream that was so funny?"

      http://reluctant-messenger.com