Theatre organs

    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2014

       At the risk of ruining my image as the man who listens to Die Kunst der Fuge to relax. etc. I must say that I have often gotten a big kick out of theatre organ music, at least live. What a riot it can be.

      On the "serious" note let me remind people of what I consider the ultimate organ recordings (from the sonic truth viewpoint--fine music and performance do) namely the Buxtehude complete works series on Paula still available one way and another I think.

      Pure Blumlein , with sound  as close as stereo will ever take you to being there.

      Listening to the one recorded in Roskilde, I feel as if I were back there(I used to live nearby in Denmark and go out to hear the organ). A truly remarkable experience.

      Amazing recording--and wonderful music,.