OT Film Recommendation

  • laurie483000
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 20, 2013

      Apologies for not continuing the thread, as I can't do replies either, nor can I access the discussion at the bottom of REG's review of the LS3/6 on my PC - but never mind.

      Agreed about Dean Spanley - strangely, it was recently on UK TV only a few days before Peter O'Toole died and in spite of not being a great dog lover, I really enjoyed the film, it suited my mood at the time.  A slow moving story about the some well to do Edwardian priveliged upper middle types with basically more money than sense (just jealous really) - nevertheless to my mind it's well worth watching.

      Laurie

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 20, 2013
        For those who don't see a reply option for messages when viewing the Yahoo conversations online, try signing out of Yahoo and then signing back in.  That cured my confusion yesterday when I was (rarely for me) trying to reply via the forum rather than via email.  After struggling for many minutes via my Chrome browser to see how to reply, I tried Internet Explorer and immediately saw the reply box.  So I just tried signing out and signing in via Chrome and then saw the reply box.  Weird.

        The reader comments to REG's TAS review of the Stirling LS3/6 should be visible at the bottom of each page of the review.  The comments take a bit longer to load than the review itself, however, so with some connections you might not see them as instantly as the review page appears.

        On Dec 20, 2013, at 9:14 AM, <laurie483000@...> wrote:

        Apologies for not continuing the thread, as I can't do replies either, nor can I access the discussion at the bottom of REG's review of the LS3/6 on my PC - but never mind.

        Agreed about Dean Spanley - strangely, it was recently on UK TV only a few days before Peter O'Toole died and in spite of not being a great dog lover, I really enjoyed the film, it suited my mood at the time.  A slow moving story about the some well to do Edwardian priveliged upper middle types with basically more money than sense (just jealous really) - nevertheless to my mind it's well worth watching.

        Laurie

      • Roland Eveleth

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 29, 2013

            Excellent! I am glad you enjoyed Dean Spanley as much as I did!

            In a season of misplaced materialism, it is delightful to see a well made film of reawakening, (almost Scroogean.)

            Charlie