Re: [regsaudioforum] Re: The Foundation speaker stands

  • John Geisen
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 13, 2013
      No, manufacturer is in China, I'm petty certain. You can buy direct from the distributor or through his dealer network. I believe the price is the same. Also, I believe right now he has an on-line special. -John

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 14, 2013
        My friend owns some Harbeth monitor 30 and he still keeps his speaker stands that are made with lossy joints, a heavy bottom and top plate, the vertical multiplex boards are height adjustable and fixed by screws, a resonator below the top plate. The stand creates a homogenious warm sound, way superior to the steel frame stands with bottom spikes I brought, originally designed for Spendor 35 or Harbeth HL5. I was amazed about the sonic difference the stands introduced.
        The stands are made by Sound Mechanics.
        http://www.soundmechanics.hk/en/stands/stands001.htm
        A picture is found here:
        http://tinyurl.com/p3lm75t

        The Usher stands are lossy too, they look like a plagiat to me like many Usher products, http://www.usheraudiousa.com/products/accessories/rws-729-speaker-stand
        br HM

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 14, 2013
          Lossy is good. Wood is good. Who
          wants to hear the sound of metal?
          Rigidity obsession is the curse of audio,
          always was, always will be.
          A personal view...

          REG

          --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "HM" <listentwice2002@...> wrote:

          > My friend owns some Harbeth monitor 30 and he still keeps his speaker stands that are made with lossy joints, a heavy bottom and top plate, the vertical multiplex boards are height adjustable and fixed by screws, a resonator below the top plate. The stand creates a homogenious warm sound, way superior to the steel frame stands with bottom spikes I brought, originally designed for Spendor 35 or Harbeth HL5. I was amazed about the sonic difference the stands introduced.
          > The stands are made by Sound Mechanics.
          > http://www.soundmechanics.hk/en/stands/stands001.htm
          > A picture is found here:
          > http://tinyurl.com/p3lm75t
          >
          > The Usher stands are lossy too, they look like a plagiat to me like many Usher products, http://www.usheraudiousa.com/products/accessories/rws-729-speaker-stand
          > br HM
          >
          > --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "YMM" <yipmangmeng@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Anyone using these stands?
          > >

          > > --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "YMM" <yipmangmeng@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > http://www.foundationstands.com/
          > > >
          > > > IMHO, these stands are correctly done for the Harbeths and the Spendor Classic.
          > > >
          > > > Yip

        • ghqsw12
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 14, 2013
            In which case, build a pair of wooden speaker stand similar to the Foundation design
            or use a pair of 17 inched stools.
            To keep the speakers slightly above the stools,use felt or rubber protectors each topped with a blob of Bluteck .

            Yip

            Rigidity obsession is the curse of audio,
            always was, always will be.
            A personal view...

            REG

            --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "HM" <listentwice2002@...> wrote:

            > My friend owns some Harbeth monitor 30 and he still keeps his speaker stands that are made with lossy joints, a heavy bottom and top plate, the vertical multiplex boards are height adjustable and fixed by screws, a resonator below the top plate. The stand creates a homogenious warm sound, way superior to the steel frame stands with bottom spikes I brought, originally designed for Spendor 35 or Harbeth HL5. I was amazed about the sonic difference the stands introduced.
            > The stands are made by Sound Mechanics.
            > http://www.soundmechanics.hk/en/stands/stands001.htm
            > A picture is found here:
            > http://tinyurl.com/p3lm75t
            >
            > The Usher stands are lossy too, they look like a plagiat to me like many Usher products, http://www.usheraudiousa.com/products/accessories/rws-729-speaker-stand
            > br HM
            >
            > --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "YMM" <yipmangmeng@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Anyone using these stands?
            > >

            > > --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "YMM" <yipmangmeng@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > http://www.foundationstands.com/
            > > >
            > > > IMHO, these stands are correctly done for the Harbeths and the Spendor Classic.
            > > >
            > > > Yip

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                regsaudioforum-digest@yahoogroups.com
                regsaudioforum-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Edward Mast
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 15, 2013
              I still like the 24" wood stools used under my M40s. I wonder if over the years the joints in them have loosened enough for them to be considered 'lossy'!
              Ned
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 15, 2013
                I agree with the 24" wood  stools.  Mine were lossy from the start in the sense that there was a bit of flexure in the wood joints and since they are not spiked to the floor but sit on the carpet.  Also, I use a single layer of terrycloth between the speaker bottom and the top of the stand to kill high frequency vibration.  They work best of any stand I've tried with the Harbeth M40/40.1, Spendor SP1/2, and my ARs.  The Something Solid XF (not spiked) is also excellent and seems best to my ears with the Stirling Broadcast LS3/6.  My wood stands are pictured here (alongside my XFs) and equivalent wood stands are still available in the US under the Carolina Cottage O'Malley Pub Counter Stool name.