Don;t miss this

    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 10 8:40 PM
      This is still available
      http://www.amazon.com/Concertos-Contrast-Franz-Joseph-Haydn/dp/B00006L84T/ref=pd_sim_m_3

      I strongly recommend this. It contains one
      of the ultimate Starker performances, of Bloch's Schelomo.
      While the Dohnanyi Konzertstuck is my personal
      favorite, this one is not far behind. Amazing
      amazing cello playing. This is truly great.
      And it might vanish at any time--it is an odd
      collection and may not survive permanently.

      REG

      PS It sounds good too actually in the Decca sense.
      Message 46 of 46 , Jul 16 9:30 AM
        Right you are!  Dynaquad requires extra speakers, not extra amp channels.

        However, much later there was a fellow named McShane (I think) who advocated a cross-feed wiring system which fed the difference signal back into the stereo left and right speakers, claiming enhanced spatial presentation.  That still lives on in models produced by one small Chicago manufacturer, Van L Speakerworks.  They call it an ambient recovery system:

        On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Peter <alcomdata@...> wrote:

        > You are correct that with a Dynaquad adaptor you didn't need any additional speakers.

        I think you meant to say "you didn't need any additional amplifiers."