Re: BBC article on concert halls

  • musica_pt
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11, 2013
      It's amazing how the BBC Research Department was able to perform in-depth studies on such a broad variety of subjects related to sound/music ( from performance to recording, broadcast and playback) and I doubt this kind of State-financed research work would have been possible today.
      Public Service for mankind.

      Cheers,

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 12, 2013
        Government sponsored research at its best!
        The article on concert halls contains not
        only some good information and research work
        but also some nice crisp opinions on the
        evil influence of audio on music. I really
        liked it! These are my kind of people.
        REG

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 12, 2013
          I'm sorry, but I somehow missed the link to this BBC article.  Could someone please re-post it?  Thanks.

          On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Robert <regtas43@...> wrote:

          Government sponsored research at its best!
          The article on concert halls contains not
          only some good information and research work
          but also some nice crisp opinions on the
          evil influence of audio on music. I really
          liked it! These are my kind of people.
          REG

          --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "musica_pt" <ricardo_franca@...> wrote:

          > It's amazing how the BBC Research Department was able to perform in-depth studies on such a broad variety of subjects related to sound/music ( from performance to recording, broadcast and playback) and I doubt this kind of State-financed research work would have been possible today.
          > Public Service for mankind.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >

          > --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <regtas43@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I hope everyone will read this!
          > > It really lays out the problems and
          > > the baleful influence of the audio industry
          > > on sonic tastes and on concert halls.
          > > This is a subject close to my heart.
          > > It always was and Disney Hall, which
          > > sounds like a bad audio system, has only
          > > adding to my strong feelings on the subject.
          > > REG

        • Peter
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 12, 2013
            > I'm sorry, but I somehow missed the link to this BBC article.

            I missed it too, Tom.

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 12, 2013
              There is no link! There is a file in the files section!
              REG