BBC article on concert halls

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11, 2013
      I hope everyone will read this!
      It really lays out the problems and
      the baleful influence of the audio industry
      on sonic tastes and on concert halls.
      This is a subject close to my heart.
      It always was and Disney Hall, which
      sounds like a bad audio system, has only
      adding to my strong feelings on the subject.
      REG
    • musica_pt
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 11, 2013
        It's amazing how the BBC Research Department was able to perform in-depth studies on such a broad variety of subjects related to sound/music ( from performance to recording, broadcast and playback) and I doubt this kind of State-financed research work would have been possible today.
        Public Service for mankind.

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 12, 2013
          Government sponsored research at its best!
          The article on concert halls contains not
          only some good information and research work
          but also some nice crisp opinions on the
          evil influence of audio on music. I really
          liked it! These are my kind of people.
          REG

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 12, 2013
            I'm sorry, but I somehow missed the link to this BBC article.  Could someone please re-post it?  Thanks.

            On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Robert <regtas43@...> wrote:

            Government sponsored research at its best!
            The article on concert halls contains not
            only some good information and research work
            but also some nice crisp opinions on the
            evil influence of audio on music. I really
            liked it! These are my kind of people.
            REG

            --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "musica_pt" <ricardo_franca@...> wrote:

            > It's amazing how the BBC Research Department was able to perform in-depth studies on such a broad variety of subjects related to sound/music ( from performance to recording, broadcast and playback) and I doubt this kind of State-financed research work would have been possible today.
            > Public Service for mankind.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >

            > --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <regtas43@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I hope everyone will read this!
            > > It really lays out the problems and
            > > the baleful influence of the audio industry
            > > on sonic tastes and on concert halls.
            > > This is a subject close to my heart.
            > > It always was and Disney Hall, which
            > > sounds like a bad audio system, has only
            > > adding to my strong feelings on the subject.
            > > REG

          • Peter
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 12, 2013
              > I'm sorry, but I somehow missed the link to this BBC article.

              I missed it too, Tom.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 12, 2013
                There is no link! There is a file in the files section!
                REG