Re: [regsaudioforum] Re: OT: New York City first trip

  • Edward Mast
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 19, 2013
      Oh yeah - the Mexican tenor and little-known Dutch composer.
      Ned
      On Feb 19, 2013, at 12:58 PM, Charles Daniell wrote:

      Thank you again for all the advice, it looks like I might have a good trip.

      I got Orchestra Premium Isle row S for La Traviata, (with some dude named P Domeengo singing, ) and at Stern with the visiting Boston Symphony, Parquet row N, (some obscure composer named Vagner where they will play multiple preludes, overtures,  etc…)

      I did notice that the arts are not in the same price structure as Jacksonville, FL.

      < p class="MsoNormal">Thanks again!

      Charlie

    • jsch3
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 20, 2013
        I hope you have a great time!

        Yes, it is expensive in NYC. I tell prospective donors that to produce an opera in NYC, it is about 1000-2000 a minute, depending upon venue and such. Our orchestra per service is close to 300, meaning that every time they rehearse or perform, that is what they receive for two hours plus breaks. Of course they are some of the top players in New York.

        When I had the Raleigh-Durham company, the per service was $85 to put things into perspective!

        Let us know how it goes!

        Jim

        --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, Edward Mast <nedmast2@...> wrote:

        > Oh yeah - the Mexican tenor and little-known Dutch composer.
        > Ned
        > On Feb 19, 2013, at 12:58 PM, Charles Daniell wrote:
        >

        > > Thank you again for all the advice, it looks like I might have a good trip.
        > >

        > > I got Orchestra Premium Isle row S for La Traviata, (with some dude named P Domeengo singing, ) and at Stern with the visiting Boston Symphony, Parquet row N, (some obscure composer named Vagner where they will play multiple preludes, overtures, etcÂ…)
        > >

        > > I did notice that the arts are not in the same price structure as Jacksonville, FL.
        > >

        > > < p class="MsoNormal">Thanks again!
        > >

        > > Charlie

      • Bob Stern
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 20, 2013
          Scalpers standing outside the concert halls used to be a great source for last minute tickets back when I used to visit New York 20 years ago. Perhaps others here can comment on whether that remains true today.

          Except for exceptionally high demand concerts, the prices generally were face value with no markup. The scalpers made their profit by buying the tickets at a discount. You need to pay with cash, of course. I never was cheated with counterfeit tickets.

          Bob Stern