Re: Live vs Recoded sound.

  • kevindoyle.forum
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2013
      Just judging from the video on my laptop speakers, I'd be inclined to turn off the recording and ask the performers to continue playing. I'd never heard of the company. According to this video, Isophon is the oldest loudspeaker company in Germany. And they're changing their name to Gauder Acoustics.

      http://youtu.be/aoV_366kZN0

      On an somewhat related note, has anyone on the forum heard ML Geithain speakers. They get raves from a number of the mastering people on Gearslutz, but don't have much presence in the US market. I'm just curious. I thought it was nice that they included measurements. I was surprised to find that ATC has none on their website.

      http://www.me-geithain.de/studio/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=32&lang=en

      They also make "high end" loudspeakers.

      http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/roadtourgeithain/geithain.html

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2013
        This sort of percussion ensemble is "easy" for audio equipment to match, given enough amp power and speaker SPL capability.  As REG says about the Wilsons, they will play loud, and that is what is very important in this sort of live v. reproduced demo.

        I find it interesting that in the home set up video these speakers are set up in an environment with very little soft absorbing material nearby.  A hard-walled room with a wood floor is not my idea of an environment which will flatter any speakers.