IMG00026-20130117-1505.jpg

  • Bomwell, Alan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2013
    Hi Tom,

    Thank you for your suggestions!

    Well, I did have the listening chair too close to the mike (which was correctly positioned and aiming at the ceiling). Moving the chair away from the mike raised the FR around 500Hz slightly but didn't change the measured droop in the highs. Also I moved the chair up one foot closer to the speakers and toed them in accordingly so they still point to the listening spot. The speakers are now 8' from my ears, and 7' 3" apart. The bass is much smoother now and hardly needs EQ!. I'm adding back +4dB bass boost and slightly EQing down the frequency around 500Hz which can be seen on the attached, new, before and after graph. The measurement is taken from the new chair location. The graph still shows high frequency droop but really doesn't subjectively sound in any way dull! (Of course, at my age, I'm not sure I can hear anything up there anyway :)). I'm certain I have not inadvertently engaged any Quick Tone controls affecting the treble.

    Thanks, again, everyone!

    My best....Al