IMG00015-20130116-0116.jpg

  • Bomwell, Alan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 15, 2013
    Hi Jeff,

    Here is the Before and After photo from the Dual Core screen you asked for. For some reason It only shows correction up to 150Hz, not the 220Hz that I set it to correct. Once the peaks were removed the balance was bass shy. To compensate I added a +2 bass boost which yields the curve I sent on my earlier post.

    Regards,

    Al
  • Bomwell, Alan
    Message 2 of 6 , Jan 16, 2013
      As I said in a later post, it appears that the graph in fact does extend to 150Hz. I misread it.

      Al

      Message 3 of 6 , Jan 16, 2013
        Sorry yet again for my mistake. The graph extends up to 220Hz which is were I set the cut-off of the DualCore.

        Al

        Message 4 of 6 , Jan 16, 2013
          There are some dips here that are not really part
          of the speaker. I would try moving it around a bit
          more.
          It also occurs to me(if you will forgive me
          for saying so) that you are maybe ending
          up pulling the overall bass level down, since
          the last thing that happens to the
          uncorrected curve is a big rise(as far
          as I can see). I would run the full range
          sweep to see what the overall balance is
          like. As I mentioned in the review,
          one needs to check with the DualCore
          that one does not end up setting the overall
          bass level too low.
          REG

          --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "Bomwell, Alan" wrote:

          > Hi Jeff,
          >
          > Here is the Before and After photo from the Dual Core screen you asked for. For some reason It only shows correction up to 150Hz, not the 220Hz that I set it to correct. Once the peaks were removed the balance was bass shy. To compensate I added a +2 bass boost which yields the curve I sent on my earlier post.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Al

        • Bomwell, Alan
          Message 5 of 6 , Jan 16, 2013
            Thank you!

            Since I sent the post I did move both the speakers and chair a bit. The system setup is still quite dynamic at this point. The result is better. And now with a +3 bass boost from the DualCore it both sounds and "looks" better.

            Thanks for the suggestions, REG!!!

            Message 6 of 6 , Jan 16, 2013
              You are most welcome. One really does
              have to watch out for the tendency