Re: Quad 2912 / 2812

    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012
      That is about the size of it.
      Low distortion, not too loud, not too deep,
      and(most importantly for us non head bangers)
      not too flat. But pure as all get out!
      And EQed flat, works a treat on
      account of the low distortion.
      And yet even EQed... well , we have been
      there before. But there was enough
      there that I used them for more than ten years.

      REG

    • yipmangmeng@yahoo.com.sg
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012

        For everyone else,I think.

        In summary they say a fabulous piece of digital engineering delivering breathtaking clarity that many hi-end players struggle to achieve. It would really finish things off for me if DSP equalisation were to be included along with time delay facility for sub integration - maybe the BDP-115EU next year.

        Laurie

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012
          Do people really believe this kind of stuff?
          Breath taking clarity? Oh really?
          That High End players struggle to achieve?
          Care to hazard a guess why that would be?
          Pixie dust?(This is not to say that it is
          not an ok piece of equipment, but really...)

          REG

          --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, yipmangmeng@... wrote:

          > For everyone else,I think.
          >

          > In summary they say a fabulous piece of digital engineering delivering breathtaking clarity that many hi-end players struggle to achieve. It would really finish things off for me if DSP equalisation were to be included along with time delay facility for sub integration - maybe the BDP-115EU next year.
          >

          > Laurie
          >

          > --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, Tom Mallin <tmallin4@> wrote:
          >

          > > I'm taking delivery on my 105 later today. I'll use it with a 20" $200
          >
          > > flat screen monitor during set up. After that, it's audio only.
          >

          > > On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Peter <alcomdata@> wrote:
          >

          > > > **
          >

          > > > Hi Edward. . .
          >

          > > > I too have the Oppo 95 and I was tempted by the 105. However, the only
          >
          > > > features it has that I'm interested in right now are the headphone amp and
          >
          > > > the fact that it's closer to a real live music server now.
          >

          > > > I just can't justify those by themselves, though. I still have a Pioneer
          >
          > > > 60" Kuro, and don't plan to upgrade until affordable 4K monitors are
          >
          > > > available. That would also solve my 3D problem--3D on Blu-ray just doesn't
          >
          > > > cut it for me.
          >

          > > > I may get my 4K wish by the time Oppo's got a 205 player (maybe it will
          >
          > > > upscale to 8K!)
          >

          > > > Peter

        • laurie483000
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 9, 2012
            I wondered whether that might get you going... regarding the slight lack of warmth and the 'hifi' sound quality mentioned in the review, I wonder if this is more a reflection of the rest of the equipment used for the test - speakers? - there is no mention of what they were. I'm looking forward to reading about the listening impressions through the M40s though, in due course, as this could be the year I do something about replacing my temperamental old Denon 2900 player.

            Laurie