Re: Subwoofer testing standards

    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 12, 2012
      The issue was whether one should measure anechoically
      or use Keele's close miked woofer response method.
      The latter is a poor substitute for the former.
      It is quite true that if one places speakers very
      close to the wall, then there are loading effects
      which are not part of the omni character, eg
      if a driver is up against a wall.
      The discussion in question was about a speaker
      which is intended for free space mounting
      where close-boundary loading effects are not part
      of the situation--though of course Allison effects
      remain so.