Re: For TM

  • mm
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2012
      Paul Seydor has a weakness for dipoles? He missed Alex's room?

      Yip

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12, 2012
        Paul and I are friends, and to some extent
        we went around the show together--but not all the time.
        I too liked the Gradient room very much.
        The Sanders room did not sound to me as good
        as I have heard the speakers sound elsewhere--
        I think the speakers were too close to the back wall--
        not the fault of the speaker of course. In my
        experience dipoles need to be about seven feet minimum
        from the back wall to work right.
        The Lotus room sounded good, but compared to Alex's
        room, they sounded like speakers in a room.
        The Sonys sounded very good--everyone knows I like the AR1s a
        lot and the AR2s are similar. They were in a huge room
        and quite close together. It was about a week before
        the first wall reflection! Excellent piano sound.

        I have no explanation for the omission of Alex's room.
        I would have put it at the top of the list , followed by
        Gradient and Trinnov(who had an almost nonmusical
        demo devoted to moving images around the room, but who
        are clearly on to something) and for pure civilisation in
        the musical and audio(and sensible price) sense, in spite of conventional sound in a way, Harbeth. Sony was also very nice
        but not a typical home environment.

        REG