Re: Point source and stereo image.

  • jeff
    Message 1 of 34 , May 26, 2012
      REG, Are you saying that automatic correction does not work, or cannot work? Suppose an automatic correction system used multiple measurements to figure out what the room was doing and what the speaker was doing, then corrected for the room and speaker operating together in the bass and used 1/3 octave parametric EQ to smooth the speaker above the bass. Would that not work?

      You have recommended both automatic EQ of bass and you have recommended ordinary EQ of the range above the bass, even urging people to buy a box and try it. Why would it be impossible for a designer to do what you recommend, but do it automatically?

      Jeff

      . . .

      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 27, 2013
        The world is diminished by his loss. I count it
        a great privilege to have known him.
        And in addition to my admiration for his
        accomplishments and my awe of his amazing abilities,
        I liked him a lot.
        REG