Hurricane Irene

  • Bomwell, Alan
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
      We finally have power (as of this afternoon) after five days of outage! The stereo sounds SO sweet!!!

      Best regards...Al
      Sent via BlackBerry Wireless handheld
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
        I think this is a good test! How your stereo sounds
        to you after you have not heard it for a while
        is a good indicator of how well you really like it,
        as opposed to being habituated to it!

        REG

        --- In regsaudioforum@yahoogroups.com, "Bomwell, Alan" <abomwell@...> wrote:

        > We finally have power (as of this afternoon) after five days of outage! The stereo sounds SO sweet!!!
        >
        > Best regards...Al
        > Sent via BlackBerry Wireless handheld

      • Ken Holder
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
          At 02:51 PM 9/1/2011, Bomwell, Alan wrote:

          >We finally have power (as of this afternoon) after five days of
          >outage! The stereo sounds SO sweet!!!

          Ah yes. I listened to mine yesterday for the first
          time in what seems like months, but may have only
          been one. I been kinda discombobulated. Doc gave
          me a new antidepressant that's just hit the market
          this year, first person he's given it to, wants me
          to keep him informed on how it's working.

          So what did I listen to? The EMI recording of
          Korngold's Symphony in F-sharp, Welser-Most
          conducting the Philadelphia Orchestra. ("Most"
          with two little dots over the "o".)

          I must say... dang! The system sounded amazing,
          and so was the music.

          A good day.

          Thank you Uli, thank you Korngold, thank you all.

          Ken Holder
          Just a Poor, Old, Simple, Country, Music-Lover