Re: recording of interest(to say the least)

  • Edward
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 15, 2010
      Hi David

      I've now received a copy of Bloch's "Voice in the Wilderness," with Starker as soloist and Mehta/Israel Phil, and the mid-60s Decca sound seems quite good enough to support the musicmaking. I am guessing that the Starker fans here will want this one as well as Schelomo.

      Regards
      Edward

      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 15, 2010
        Absolutely!
        Fine sound, excellent playing.
        My personal feeling is the Schelomo
        is a sort of pinnacle of Bloch's inspiration
        and calls forth the best in performers.
        But Voice in the Wilderness is well worth
        having.
        (As far as I know, they were recorded by the
        same people. In their original form, they
        were together, V in W being the flip side
        of Schelomo. But in CD reissue , they got separated[

        REG