Re: [regsaudioforum] Sideways photos?

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
      These appear relevant...

      http://tinyurl.com/37rjsp9

      http://tinyurl.com/35z98et

      EXIF detail can be lost when original photos are resized.
      I quite like this freebie EXIF viewer
      http://tinyurl.com/24c3gju

      It might be that Yahoo rotates photos according to aspect ratio and I'd try 4:3
      http://tinyurl.com/2v9jx8h

      Fred.
      P.S. Did you much like the Gale loudspeakers you previously mentioned?

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
        I suggest attacking the problem at the root rather than playing around with viewers. Of course, if you've already tried the following more obvious method, the other Yahoo viewer methods may be the only thing that could help.

        I suggest deleting the sideways photo from Yahoo. Clear your computer cache and cookies with CCleaner or another tool.

        Then, on your original photo, change the orientation a few times in your viewer until it is properly vertical again. Now save that new version as a different file. (Any viewer will have a function allowing you to save the re-oriented image as a new file. Just because your viewer is showing the picture in the proper orientation does not mean that the file itself is saved in that orientation; some viewers use exif information to orient pictures in the viewer.) Upload the new file to Yahoo. I hope that works for you.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
          Playing around with my viewer, I see that Robert's photo "Morgandreamframed.jpg" retained EXIF data showing the image orientation to be 90 Degrees clockwise and I think Tom's suggestion would work well.

          :-)

          Fred.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
            Thanks for all the suggestions.
            The problem is that in my local environment,
            e.g., when I put the beauteous Morgan up as
            my computer screen picture, she was oriented
            correctly.
            But when I uploaded her to Yahoo, suddenly
            she was not.
            I thought maybe this had to do with the fact
            that the original photo was square or maybe even
            a little taller than it was wide.
            So I went back and made a framed photo that is
            definitely(including the frame)
            wider than it is tall.
            But this one got turned sideways by Yahoo,too!

            The thing came out of the camera fine--correct orientation--
            and has been fine ever since--until Yahoo got ahold of it.

            REG

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
            Is the attached file any better?

            Fred.

            Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
              This worked! The thumbnail is sideways
              but when one clicks for full size it comes out right
              Thank you very much.

              Is she not beautiful?